Media system random play.

SEATA4

Nov 23, 2016
The car is a 2012 SE Tech with the media system E. What i am trying to do is to get it to play all of the tracks on the SD card randomly but so far i cant. I can get it to play the tracks off one album randomly (but not much point ? ) but not the whole card.I have switched off the repeat function from the repeat option menu as per page 52 of the manual but still no joy . Any ideas ?

Thanks a lot .

stevec0268

Jul 10, 2017
Wolverhampton
Hi, I also wanted to do this but found it would only play random tracks out of the folder (album) you are in!

The way I got round it was to save all the tracks from all albums in one folder and not separate them..

Was a little time consuming but I found it worth it to get what I wanted.

Steve

SEATA4

Nov 23, 2016
Thanks Steve , so i was not going mad ! I will have a think as if thats worth the time.

Thanks Paul.

IvIarkGraham

Jun 23, 2017
cant be done. I like to have my artist in a folder of their own. I ended up changing headunit so I can do random

SEATA4

Nov 23, 2016
Thanks both, Steve is i were to drop all the albums from my PC into to one folder and then onto the card would that work ? or have i got to drop each track into a folder ?

Thanks again.

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
To "shuffle all songs" with an SD card, transfer all your MP3s to a brand new/freshly formatted card. Don't use any folders or have any folders on the card. If you like to listen to an album from time to time, buy another SD card and do the above process on the new one.

Usual RNS-E rules apply, make sure the song titles and ID3 tags are short and don't contain weird characters. Also make sure the first few songs in the directory aren't embarrassing or annoying!

I've been playing music this way on these systems for many years, it's a lot of hassle but it's well worth it.

SEATA4

Nov 23, 2016
Thanks Tom will give that ago. Caldi i may have to but some music on my phone first ! but will look into it,

Thanks all.

SEATA4

Nov 23, 2016
Just a update , the thought of putting 100s of songs one at a time onto a new SD card was off putting so i have took caldi's advice and put albums onto my phone and thats works a treat.

Thanks All

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
Just a update , the thought of putting 100s of songs one at a time onto a new SD card was off putting so i have took caldi's advice and put albums onto my phone and thats works a treat.

Thanks All

There is an easy way in Windows, search "This PC" for *.mp3, let it find them all, select all, copy and paste onto your blank SD card.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise