Got my seat 1.8 dsg today

seat4life

Jan 2, 2019
So after 1 year of saving a got a seat leon 1.8. At first I wanted cupra but insurance was not having it.

Little background story first car Polo 1.2 manual, second car Hyundai i30 1.4 manual
So jumping into my first turbo car I love it,But holy sh** put your foot down and the car takes off.

Am so what happy that I didn't get the Cupra can't imagine what It's like to drive.

One issue turbo lag so when I put my foot all the way down there is it 1-2 second delay before the turbo kicks in and the car is in normal mode. Is there anything I can do to reduce it
Screenshot_20190109-232440.jpg
Screenshot_20190109-103606__01.jpg
Screenshot_20190109-232440.jpg Screenshot_20190109-103606__01.jpg

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
So after 1 year of saving a got a seat leon 1.8. At first I wanted cupra but insurance was not having it.

Little background story first car Polo 1.2 manual, second car Hyundai i30 1.4 manual
So jumping into my first turbo car I love it,But holy sh** put your foot down and the car takes off.

Am so what happy that I didn't get the Cupra can't imagine what It's like to drive.

One issue turbo lag so when I put my foot all the way down there is it 1-2 second delay before the turbo kicks in and the car is in normal mode. Is there anything I can do to reduce it View attachment 3973 View attachment 3974 View attachment 3973 View attachment 3974
Short answer for turbo lag, is not really.

A remap would no doubt be fun with the insurance, but may help, however chances are it would need to be Sports mode.

Better answer would be to say drive the car, get used to it, learn how it works, allow yourself time to better anticipate and avoid getting the lag in the first place.

Raglits

Jan 1, 2019
Or as it's DSG, knock it down a gear (does it have steering wheel paddles?) and boot it, dropping it down a gear manually will get it more into the boost range without the electronics stopping to think about it...

Reactions: Damo H

ajg74

Dec 9, 2016
Manchester
Congrats it looks great!!

As for turbo lag, I can't say I notice much if any on mine, it could be the DSG box sorting out which gear to select you could be noticing, sometimes it will be in 3rd or 4th when it really should be in 2nd etc and this brief pause before it selects the correct gear can feel like turbo lag.

RADIOTWO

Mar 6, 2018
North Derbyshire

One issue turbo lag so when I put my foot all the way down there is it 1-2 second delay before the turbo kicks in and the car is in normal mode. Is there anything I can do to reduce it View attachment 3973 View attachment 3974 View attachment 3973 View attachment 3974
I suppose what you bought the car for, ie Track days/day to day use ! but for most day to day running 1-2 sec is not a problem and you will get used to it and of course giving it all its got on the road will just ware tyres for fun, you have of course got Sport mode !

silles

May 4, 2017
congrat looks great,
wanted a 1.8 but only found 1.4 ACT, which I found to be OK, turbo lag was there, but u get used to it.

Now I have the Cupra, it has no turbo lag, or maybe it does but u have enough poweeeeer even without turbo.:)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.