NEW 2019 Curpa 290 ez.. No DSG bangs or pop whatsoever!

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
What do you mean by wrong part? Someone sold me a Vag sports res delete from the cupra Facebook page hope this fits...

I think you might find it will not. Especially if you have a Cupra 290 which I suspect you have with it being a Cupra Lux.

The VAG Res delete probably came off a 289/290/300.

There is no Red Delete available for the new 290 models at the moment from what I’ve read ( I have a 300 so gave only read the thread in passing).

Craig Elliott

Dec 28, 2018
Vag Sport is one of the companies I've been speaking with who have confirmed they don't do one for the new 290 yet and have even asked me for pictures of the exhaust so they can see... So they don't even know what the new one looks like

Jonno02

Apr 8, 2015
Hope this may help, this is the method I did to unplug mine.

Top left (driver side) you’ll see the sound Aktor behind the black plastic mesh.
1, Remove the foam 1st
2, Remove the Plastic plug as in pic this will release the black plastic mesh I then wedge the plastic mesh up enough to reach the cable plug.

Hopefully this will help you unless you’ve got man size finger unlike my girly hands haha.

Job done!

d37d395f41e99b4105b22dc4d99ab5f8.jpg
7cb00ee843a7e6600b2b7e0dbaad4f2c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the guide.

Should I cover the connectors? So they don't get damaged by any water ingress?

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh
I've had the day off work today, with nowt much better to do I went for the first proper blast in the new 290. I've now done about 1300 miles in the car so it has loosened up a bit.

Had great fun and it definitely feels so much quicker than my old 280 but it's maybe down to having DSG this time around. The horrific wheel hop doesn't seem as bad with the DSG even with stock Continentals.

I'm still disappointed with the lack of noise. It has a nice meaty grumble at low speeds but it definitely lacks any sort of DSG bangs of old. It does pop and crackle but the improved sound insulation dulls it inside the cabin.

It's a hard one to call. The refinement for everyday use in the 290 with the seven speed DSG, digital dash, Alcantara, solid build and I'm sure the suspension is softer too as I've hit holes in the road that used to make me shudder in the 280 without any problems! On the other hand the pre WLTP update cars sound a lot better when hoonin' it!

Somethings will never change though. I probably used £30 of V power for an hour or so of fun and also wasted an hour of cleaning!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
The big question is, do you get the bangs back on gear change as with the 300/290's or is it still a sort of deep warbly noise?
I can attest that after 2500 miles you can hear the exhaust much louder on overrun (crackles pops and bangs are audible) and the DSG fart is there, albeit more muted until you increase load. The hotter the exhaust, the more pronounced it is.
When I first got the MY19, I was driving around without the parcel shelf and boot carpet to hear the exhaust noise. I took it out again at the weekend to take my mate for a spin and it's much much louder now with pop and bangs a plenty as well as a crack on gear change. I've found that the faster the gear change (also according to requested load) the less loud the crack is. I'm not sure a res delete will change that but I'd love to know if it does.

ZionLiam

Dec 4, 2018
Is there anyone here that is actually getting dsg farts and exhaust pops on a regular basis? I hit 1200 miles today and in neutral (dsg) my exhaust pops away when you rev, can anyone share any insight as to why im getting no dsg farts or pops when im driving in cupra mode? cheers. (Here is a clip of my cupra popping away)

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
Is there anyone here that is actually getting dsg farts and exhaust pops on a regular basis? I hit 1200 miles today and in neutral (dsg) my exhaust pops away when you rev, can anyone share any insight as to why im getting no dsg farts or pops when im driving in cupra mode? cheers. (Here is a clip of my cupra popping away)
I don't get any dsg farts. If the engine is really warm and you have it in cupra mode mine pops/crackles through the downchanges.

What mileage are you on? Mine was very quiet at first but I'm at about 1500 miles now and it's got better the more miles I've done.

Also if you have the sound aktor on you aren't going to hear much.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.