2018 Leon Cupra R

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
Stunning machine. Can you let me know once you have them where you get your bonnet struts and footwell lights? Cheers.
Cheers!

I already had the bonnet struts from my 290 - I got them from ebay from some Russian seller for around £40. But I think they've caught onto how much people want them and I think they are like £90 now. Happy I took them off the 290 before trading her in!

The footwell lights are going to be a bit of a custom mod (thanks to @Damo H ) as he's come up with a pretty neat solution to make them orange. Just need to test it and see how it turns out.

Reactions: dangerdave

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
Had a Res delete done and I'm really happy with the results! Highly recommend it for anyone sitting on the fence about it. The car doesn't drone at all when driving normally and the burbles, pops and crackles are amazing! Thanks to VAG Manchester for their help and new Res delete kit!

Reactions: Jimbobcook

Deleted member 103408

And when is the stage 1 map going on :)

Merry xmas and looking forward to seeing it in the flesh.

Reactions: paddy6789

TheSwede

Oct 20, 2018
Sweden
Here's the resonator delete in full flow :)

May not be to everyone's liking...

Either I have missed it or perhaps it’s “new” that Progressive parts / VAGsport have bypass pipes to Seat. In any case they have, (should be very similar to Golf 7). Bought a VAGsport kit to a Golf R (my sons) just before Christmas, fitted spot on. Not much droning, fully acceptable in this case.

Did you order the 300 hp version 2 to your car? I also have a 2018 Cupra R, therefor I’m curious :).

Have you experienced any droning? I think it sounds great in the video.

In general the Cupra R is rather quite inside, there is a margin for increased sound level. Have reduced sound actor to about 70%.

/Peter

Last edited:

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
Either I have missed it or perhaps it’s “new” that Progressive parts / VAGsport have bypass pipes to Seat. In any case they have, (should be very similar to Golf 7). Bought a VAGsport kit to a Golf R (my sons) just before Christmas, fitted spot on. Not much droning, fully acceptable in this case.

Did you order the 300 hp version 2 to your car? I also have a 2018 Cupra R, therefor I’m curious :).

Have you experienced any droning? I think it sounds great in the video.

In general the Cupra R is rather quite inside, there is a margin for increased sound level. Have reduced sound actor to about 70%.

Peter

There's hardly any droning at all really. Not that I can tell. I'm really pleased with it and it always makes me laugh and smile everytime I change gear, up or down. My sound actuator is turned off completely and I have some dynamat sound proofing under the rear bench and it will be in the boot at some point too.

The res delete on the R is based on the Golf GTI Clubsport. It looked easy enough for them to fit, but these guys do it everyday and make it look easy.

I would highly recommend it to anyone! :)

Deleted member 103408

sorry to but in but do you know if the indicators in the wing mirror of the golf will fit the cupra.

reason i ask the audi sweeping version of the golf are half the price of the cupra

Deleted member 103408

Thanks, did not want to buy them and find they did not fit.

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
Looking awesome! Pilot sport cup 2s are
Going to be interesting in the winter, any plans for winter rubber or are you going to brave it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm braving it - there has been a few brown trouser moments, but the tyres are holding up well!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise