• 4th/5th May

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • 11th/12th May

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • 18th/19th May

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters

Deleted member 103408

The other thing to add in is when it the national meet going to be as you dont want to be to close to that.

Reactions: Legojon

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
The other thing to add in is when it the national meet going to be as you dont want to be to close to that.
The last National Meet was July and Syphon thinks it may be the same place as it was quite good just waiting on dates (emailed to check)

@Maypack

I guess it's just an idea to get the ideas moving, I like a good meet.

Any other ideas on locations welcome

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
The last National Meet was July and Syphon thinks it may be the same place as it was quite good just waiting on dates (emailed to check)

@Maypack We have 2 smallish hotels in Oakham itself we could probably get 10 rooms all in, if not then it's a short taxi to a big one with great views over Rutland water.

I guess it's just an idea to get the ideas moving, I like a good meet.

Any other ideas on locations welcome

I’m more than happy to visit your area of the country. Never been there before and it has a lot going for it.

Have we an idea of dates yet?

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
If it’s down that way I’ll possibly be able to convince the wife and little one to come as they’ll be able to wander around while we talk shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Well if the national meet is July we could do early May or last april in time for some good weather hopefully...

Oakham take about 30 minutes to walk around but rutland water is a full day event walking lol I think it's 36 miles around the whole thing. Largest man made reservoir I think...

Only 35 minutes from Peterborough or Leicester and 40 from Nottingham so it's got merits lol

g60stu

Feb 9, 2003
Reading
Oakham seems like a good location. I think my mk1 could just about cope with the journey!! Late April would be good. I’m already booked up with family stuff on the may bank holiday weekends.
Are you going to suggest a couple of dates and take a vote?

Deleted member 103408

Just a sugestion if we have a number of poeople staying in hotel you may be able to get a bulk booking discount.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I'll get some dates on here for a vote then I can contact hotels, pub and rutland water to confirm all is well.

If it pans out we don't have enough we can try another location.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
How about the 27th of April?

Trying to avoid bank holidays as its mental here as they have a beer festival so not a great place for loads of cars lol

kanyewest

Oct 4, 2018
NW
@kanyewest good news for you the Yellow beastie has been sold today so you are currently the only Ibiza

i do love being a unique little snowflake. as does everyone in my generation haha but its a shame we couldn't link up with the beastie before it was sold. heres to hoping another ibiza sneaks in and makes it to the next meet

Deleted member 103408

I am sure there will be an advertising campaign to get more than just Leons this time :)

Reactions: Jimbobcook

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
We have 2 smallish hotels in Oakham itself we could probably get 10 rooms all in

Yup, I can picture it right now. "So that's 2 local sausages, 2 local fried eggs, 3 local bacons".
latest

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Yup, I can picture it right now. "So that's 2 local sausages, 2 local fried eggs, 3 local bacons".
latest
We have the best place for breakfast i've ever had in this country, funnily enough it's the same pub that has my favourite ale haha we have some good stuff in Oakham, we can get 300Mbs fibre internet, 40 minutes from 3 cities, Great local Ale, Smallest county when the tides are out in the Isle of something down south, if you go to Cottesmore and look east supposedly the next highest thing is some Russian mountain, the largest man made reservoir... Need I go on haha

ChrisJKM

Aug 21, 2018
North Yorkshire
Have to wait to get a date pinned down but looks like a nice place. And the beer was good too. Wont know until a date is sorted as I work every other Saturday.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.