Attending a Trackday?

Deleted member 103408

I have booked 16th Feb at Cadwell Park, taking my daughter so she can see what a track day is like.

Great venue.

Elreg

Nov 25, 2018
Hi Guys,

Just joined the forum with a MY19 Cupra St 4drive and already booked Knockhill through SIDC for 30th March, does anyone else got to knockhill?

Deleted member 103408

Not been there but from the site looks like a Fun track

Deleted member 103408

Yes indeed, We have got the SCN Meet at Blackpool on Saturday then two track days in Feb.

Looking forward to Snetterton should be able to get a bit of speed on that track.

Deleted member 103408

There are rumours we are going to, Maybe that will be discussed over dinner in Blackpool.

vwtrev

Flying Banana
Oct 29, 2015
Essex, united kingdom
Evening all, missed out on the conversation since November (where's me notifications Forum??), anyway, you lot have been busy :) .

I'm also looking at the end of Feb at Snetterton too but will wait till nearer the time as the weather could be pants in Feb. Fyi, its £99 but with Javelin they give back 5% in credit (was 10% till yesterday). Bedford in Feb is the same price too.

I've just booked up with MSV for Monday 4th March at Brands and Monday 25th March at Snetterton (both with Garages), as MSV doing 10% till 6th Jan 2019 (so better chance of good weather and discount is bigger :) ), then will book either Brands or Snett. in Feb if weather looking ok nearer the time.

Reactions: Sparkie

Deleted member 103408

Well hopefully end of feb will be good and we can get to meet.

I am still toying with Spa Francorchamps in April just to get a bit of European track work in.

Reactions: vwtrev

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Just booked first outing of the new year.
Bedford Autodrome GT circuit
25th Feb.
Bargain with Javelin
£99 full day.
Open pit lane.
Great circuit over 3.8 miles. One of longest in country.
1km strait too.
Loads of run off, so coming off shouldn’t be too costly.
Would be fun to see some more Leons there.

Also vwtrev I may look at going to Snetterton when you’re there too.
Love that track too.

Badger5 Custom Map + TIP,
3” Sustem, FMIC, Bosh 550’s,
BC Coilovers, ARB’s +loads more.

Deleted member 103408

Just sharing for those who care about such things I see that Javalin are offering the following

As a new addition to this year we're adding free photography to our events

Probably means one free photo but will find out in Feb when we go to Cadwell.

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Just sharing for those who care about such things I see that Javalin are offering the following

As a new addition to this year we're adding free photography to our events

Probably means one free photo but will find out in Feb when we go to Cadwell.

Hmmm. On other sites you seem to be charged more for the whole thing but free photos and lesson if you want it. I’d rather pay for it if I wanted it. Keep prices lower. Let’s hope they don’t up their prices like the others seem to have done.

Badger5 Custom Map + TIP,
3” Sustem, FMIC, Bosh 550’s,
BC Coilovers, ARB’s +loads more.

Deleted member 103408

I agree I much prefer EASYJET pricing, track is the price everything else you have a choice to pay for.

SteA

Jan 12, 2016
Shrewsbury
Well hopefully end of feb will be good and we can get to meet.

I am still toying with Spa Francorchamps in April just to get a bit of European track work in.

Spa is a brilliant track, it’s very very quick compared to UK tracks, even in the wet. Which is good, as it usually is wet it will be perfect for your car. We used to do two weeks combining the Ring and Spa; the actual Spa in Spa is well worth a visit too, although ditch any English inhibitions at the door as a lot of it is au naturale...

My last big off on track was at Spa about 10 years ago, last lap of the day, not far out of Eau Rouge, suddenly lost the back end at somewhat north of a 100, spun several times inches from the barrier then ended up going in the right direction on track. The Marshall summed it up when I got back in, “You lucky lucky *******” :O

Deleted member 103408

thanks @SteA, I have put this on hold for April until its clearer what the Border controls are going to be like.

But hopefully they will have another one arranged later in the year that I can make, it looks a great circuit and apart from the spinning off bit you have confirmed I will enjoy it as well.

Deleted member 103408

Nothing to do with a track day but just seen this pic on the Revo site and I have tyre envy.

Screenshot 2019-01-26 at 13.28.48.png

Deleted member 103408

Meeting you is costing me money :) They are not bad as I was expecting (about 190 a corner) any idea how well they last.

the MICHELIN PILOT SPORT CUP 2 235/35-19 are supposed to be good as well

Anyway I have to save up for 4 new weels now to put this rubber on.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.