Layer of ice on windscreen - inside

Rampage

Trainee Northener
May 24, 2003
My Leon used to get frozen on the inside and loads of condensation.

I have an Alhambra now and chucking a bowl of warm water over the windscreen (on the outside) helps clear any condensation and gets rid of any ice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paulki

Jul 12, 2006
Enfield
Drive around for a day or two with the windscreen demist on, this will turn on the AC/climate control which will dry out the cabin.

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
Drive around for a day or two with the windscreen demist on, this will turn on the AC/climate control which will dry out the cabin.

You know there is a button to turn on the AC without switching the system into the windscreen de-mist mode? I can't see how having the AC on for a couple of days would magically dry up any residual dampness in the car either.

Plus, I'm fairly sure that how hot the windscreen gets when heating the car is part of the problem. On my car at least the centre part of of the windscreen where the airflow from the vent hits always gets condensation first.

Paulki

Jul 12, 2006
Enfield
I should of mentioned to put it in recirculate mode, this will take the moisture out of the air and blow dry air at your windscreen as the moisture will condense on the evaporator first and run out through the drain pipe. Demist mode will still give you heat, so you don't have to freeze.

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
I have deflectors on the windows and so leave the front windows open 1/2 inch so that fresh air blows through and helps keep the windows clear, not a fan of using recirculated air I find this makes the problem worse?

fozzybear

middle aged speed freak
Feb 4, 2006
halifax,west yorks
One other reason is using aircon as forms moisture in air....also causes condensation in summer inside on windscreen....one of causes may not be yours but if use aircon a lot ...a fair chance is

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.