Rain/light sensor

JamieD

Jan 1, 2018
Seat have finally found the intermittent problem with my car, the car has a faulty light sensor. They have quoted me £274 for the pleasure of supplying and fitting the sensor . I have had a look online and can get a new sensor for £60 roughly and doesn’t look to hard to fit. Will I have to have the new sensor coded to the car? The sensor I need is part no 5Q0 955 547 B.

I have saw this sensor on auto doc https://www.autodoc.co.uk/metzger/8715254 I have asked them about the sensor and they said it is not a light sensor, only a rain/humidity sensor. Can someone confirm if this is the correct part I need as I thought the rain/light/humidity sensor all came as one?

Cheers guys

KoNG

Jul 27, 2016
Canning Town
Neither as longest is same part number its just straight swap. You can find brand new around £50 on eBay so don't bother yourself with Autodoc

JamieD

Jan 1, 2018
Saw the ones on eBay cheers mate, so the sensor doesn’t need coding when being replaced?

JamieD

Jan 1, 2018
New sensor arrived today so have just fitted it and just need to wait for it to turn dark now to see if all the functions work.

JamieD

Jan 1, 2018
All the light functions now work as they did before coming home/leaving home. Not checked the auto wipers yet though need to wait for a rainy day now.

rcopus

Jun 6, 2012
Midlands
All the bucket of water does is provide a lubricant to stop the wipers dragging residual grit across the screen, especially during the winter months.
Good point!
But if you’re worried about a one time dry wipe then you probably wouldn’t want to put a bucket of tap water on the car unless it’s going to be immediately cleaned off, and you can’t (at least I can’t :cheeky:) do that without doing the full million stages of washing. Then before we know it I’ve spent all day cleaning the car because I wanted to test the sensor :roflmao:

Don1961

Apr 11, 2019
Hi guys.... I swapped out my humidity sensor with rain/light one, 5Q0 955 547 A, and it seems to work OK. So now I have auto wipers. Does it also include the humidity one as well? Also, if you have to have the wipers set to the intermittent position for the auto bit to work, I assume the new sensor overrides that setting.
Now on the look out for a light switch with auto position.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.