Uncomfortable Seats - Cupra 300

Jan 22, 2019
Hello, new to the forum so sorry if I haven't posted in the correct place.

I have had my Leon Cupra 300 for 6 months from new. The position of the accelerator in relation to the seats is making me unable to drive it for more than 30 minutes without getting very uncomfortable.

The pedal is so far to the right my leg rubs on the seat bolster (or whatever it is called)

Tried all kinds of seat positions and no joy. Anyone else have this problem or is there something wrong with my car?

cupra300uk

May 31, 2018
I find that my back aches after a while but can’t say that I’ve noticed the accelerator problem myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 22, 2019
Thanks for the reply. I think I am going to take it back to the dealer to have a look at it.

Cupra Belfast

Jun 11, 2016
Thanks for the reply. I think I am going to take it back to the dealer to have a look at it.
I've been driving a 280 ST since 2016. I have 6 thoracic discs damaged & three lumbar discs in bits, I've no discernible additional discomfort caused by driving the car. In fact it's so comfortable I sometimes go for a drive with the heated seats on to soothe my back. Perhaps the seat is misaligned on your car, or something?

LouG

Dec 1, 2017
Nelson, New Zealand
I very easily get a sore back from most car seats. The exceptions have been the Cupra, GT86 and our Arona. Although the Arona gave me a slightly numb butt after 5 hours continuous driving. I think the foam is softer.
I drove the GT86 for 10 hours with breaks only for fuel and lunch without a problem.

bluehandle

Feb 28, 2011
All good in my 300 with the leather electric seats.

I normally only do short journeys but I had to do a 450 mile round trip on Monday and thought it would be problematic but was pleasantly surprised.

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
No issues in my pfl std cupra seats. Did a 500 mile round trip in a day last week and felt fine at the finish. Did the discomfort not surface during test drives?

stressfree

Jul 26, 2018
Had the same issue in my 300 with standard seats. I have long legs and when adjust seats for legs, steering wheel does not come out far enough. So, found a compromise, but it took ages and lots of micro adjustments: pump the seat high up and then start moving back and adjust the recliner. Had to ask the dealer to put the note on the worksheet not to adjust driver seat when it went for servicing.

Reactions: Copra68
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members