MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

TheLuckys

Nov 26, 2018
The soundaktor was definitely on, the steering was heavier and the suspension was stiffer (noticeable when I switched it back to comfort). Mine is a MY19 290 ("Copra") so possibly they changed it recently?

I wonder if anyone else with a Copra has had this?
I'm not 100% sure, but I think when you start in Cupra mode, the only thing that's different is that the gearbox is in "normal" D mode instead of Sport (S).

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Hickery1995

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
The Cupra mode startup thing is the same for the latest Cupras as it was for all the previous.
It doesn't matter whether it starts in Cupra with the flag illuminated, everything apart from the engine is in Cupra - that defaults back into comfort mode. You have to reselect Cupra mode again to get the engine mode back into Cupra. The same goes for Individual mode if you have Cupra for engine in that - same deal.

Reactions: KR15 and Maypack

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
The Cupra mode startup thing is the same for the latest Cupras as it was for all the previous.
It doesn't matter whether it starts in Cupra with the flag illuminated, everything apart from the engine is in Cupra - that defaults back into comfort mode. You have to reselect Cupra mode again to get the engine mode back into Cupra. The same goes for Individual mode if you have Cupra for engine in that - same deal.

Said it better than I did. Spot on

Reactions: CupraRobX

o.g.q

Oct 17, 2018
Hi Guys,

i seem to remember someone having a discount code for Gap insurance Ala.co.uk, cant seem to find it anyone have any ideas? or any other reccomendations for GAP insurance

thanks

rapidross

Aug 13, 2018
Looks like that code is still active, comes to about £99 for mine but not really sure if that's cheap or what...
I used ala recently and also insured my initial rental which a lot of gap insurance doesn't offer,they seem pretty good.

Jonno02

Apr 8, 2015

Seriously this. It says it in the bloody manual for christ sake!

Reactions: CupraRobX

Hickery1995

Oct 23, 2018
300 mile journey last night after picking up the Cupra and just noticed I have paint chips along the drivers door, very noticable on the magnetic grey, gutted

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Ben Snape

Oct 17, 2018
Picked my cupra up last Saturday from seat dealer got the Valeter to drive it out the workshop and curbed my wheel so it’s gone back to be sorted, twiddling my thumbs this weekend now just a question for when it comes back how do I set launch control, and also I’ve said my indvidual to get the best mpg but when I start it up I always got to deselect it so it must be defaulted to comfort ot cupra on start up .

TheLuckys

Nov 26, 2018
Picked my cupra up last Saturday from seat dealer got the Valeter to drive it out the workshop and curbed my wheel so it’s gone back to be sorted, twiddling my thumbs this weekend now just a question for when it comes back how do I set launch control, and also I’ve said my indvidual to get the best mpg but when I start it up I always got to deselect it so it must be defaulted to comfort ot cupra on start up .
Launch control is available in Cupra mode with stability control off. Basically, come to a standstill, really press the brake, go light on the throttle, and it should say "Launch Control Active" or something similar in your cluster. Then it's just a matter of flooring the throttle, letting the turbo spool up, and releasing the brake to launch.

-- EDIT --
Make sure the launch control message appears in your cluster. If not smashing the throttle will ruin your clutch!

Last edited:
Reactions: RZ46

Ben Snape

Oct 17, 2018
Launch control is available in Cupra mode with stability control off. Basically, come to a standstill, really press the brake, go light on the throttle, and it should say "Launch Control Active" or something similar in your cluster. Then it's just a matter of flooring the throttle, letting the turbo spool up, and releasing the brake to launch.

-- EDIT --
Make sure the launch control message appears in your cluster. If not smashing the throttle will ruin your clutch!

Cheers thank you for the reply, I’ll try this when I get the car back

Cupra_fan

Nov 7, 2018
300 mile journey last night after picking up the Cupra and just noticed I have paint chips along the drivers door, very noticable on the magnetic grey, gutted

Sorry to hear... would you be able to post a picture? - interested to see the chips as this is one the colours I'm considering.

- if it helps.. I recall seeing a really good video on Youtube a while back running through removing stone chips from a classic Porsche using a LoweCornell painting pen (think video was by Drive&Protect?)

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
Darker colours are always going to be more noticeable with stone chips, try and avoid sitting to near to vehicles on the motorway and keep away from the back of tippers as they go off road and throw stones up frequently.

Reactions: RZ46

Hickery1995

Oct 23, 2018
Sorry to hear... would you be able to post a picture? - interested to see the chips as this is one the colours I'm considering.

- if it helps.. I recall seeing a really good video on Youtube a while back running through removing stone chips from a classic Porsche using a LoweCornell painting pen (think video was by Drive&Protect?)
Taking it to the garage on tuesday and they've said they will touch it up for nothing so thats a bonus, but still, gutted haha
26fc4f3d7fd65bede596cacc8a82232e.jpg
9a8a10894e1640c9f90d4cdca2e7283e.jpg

Hickery1995

Oct 23, 2018
That doesn't look like stone chips that looks like some kind of paint defect. I'd be wanting the paint checked and that panel sprayed.
Ahh I see.. im clueless but i'll be having words then!