Cambelts just gone

Paul Smith

Sep 10, 2018
The recovery man has kindly dropped me home first and now carried on to the garage with my car. So let's see what waffle I get back from them in a few hours.

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
Wow proper botch job there, failed cambelt in just a few miles.

New engine time now I'd imagine, or claim it off the garage insurance?

Paul Smith

Sep 10, 2018
The way I kind of see it now is I have paid 1940 pounds to repair my car and clearly he's not he's just put it back together. So I'm thinking as the work has warranty he will repair it at his cost this time.

DannyallenFR

Feb 16, 2018
The way I kind of see it now is I have paid 1940 pounds to repair my car and clearly he's not he's just put it back together. So I'm thinking as the work has warranty he will repair it at his cost this time.
That should be the way he should repair it again properly this time or replace it, what was the garage just a little back street 1?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Compo1

Jul 19, 2010
I think it may be time to turn the screw mate with this garage. I would of lost it well before now with the kind of money you have spent.

Reactions: Brimfull

Paul Smith

Sep 10, 2018
Hi
It's a small but busy reputable garage and may name and shame if they don't do the right thing. I have had a pop last time but didn't seem to get me very far.
The annoying thing is I'm a qualified technician and owned my own garage up to a few years ago so I do know my fair share. Wish I'd just done it myself but just needed it sorted which clearly backfired lol

Reactions: Compo1

Paul Smith

Sep 10, 2018
Nut came off that holds the tensioner on, same as before. He's fixing again at no cost to me and will take about 2 weeks but it's a bit of luck finally as i was expecting an argument

Compo1

Jul 19, 2010
Nut came off that holds the tensioner on, same as before. He's fixing again at no cost to me and will take about 2 weeks but it's a bit of luck finally as i was expecting an argument

What about the starting issues etc Paul is he going to look at those as well ?

Paul Smith

Sep 10, 2018
I have asked him to but I get the impression itll be a better job this time. I still think it was a bad valve stem oil seal and it's bent valves again so the head needs to be re done again. Only time will tell i guess

Compo1

Jul 19, 2010
Hope it work out for you mate this time.

Feel bad for you about all this.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015

That's at least something he's doing the decent thing. Going to be a while before you have any confidence in it again though.

Paul Smith

Sep 10, 2018
Small update. Phoned the garage today for a quick update. They are putting another engine in so it seems. Kind of annoyed as i could have paid 1200 and done that with a refurb company from the beginning but was worried you don't know what's actually done to the engine. Turns out I've paid 1940 for the same privilege I reckon.

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
Small update. Phoned the garage today for a quick update. They are putting another engine in so it seems. Kind of annoyed as i could have paid 1200 and done that with a refurb company from the beginning but was worried you don't know what's actually done to the engine. Turns out I've paid 1940 for the same privilege I reckon.
What mileage is on the replacement engine, do they have the car that the engine is out of???? I not sure I would be comfortable with this option

Paul Smith

Sep 10, 2018
I'm not comfortable at all. It wasn't an option to me, I just phoned and asked for an update and the guy on the phone (not the normal guy) said the engines out and the new ones arrived will hopefully have it in today but that's all I know as its at our other site.
Didn't know they had another site.

What a waste of 750 quid......

Compo1

Jul 19, 2010
So then engine their going to use is a recon then mate ? At what level was it refurbished to new belt pump etc.

Not sure id be happy either let hope you have a good outcome though. Id get them to document the engine swap so youve proof when you sell.

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
So then engine their going to use is a recon then mate ? At what level was it refurbished to new belt pump etc.

Not sure id be happy either let hope you have a good outcome though. Id get them to document the engine swap so youve proof when you sell.
I would like to think it's a recon and not just pulled out of another car from a scrap yard.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise