New wipers streaking

Tigerobe

Feb 20, 2017
Just put some new wipers on, Bosch aerotwins. These have been on a couple of weeks now, they streak in certain areas where my old ones would before I replaced them.
Cleaned the wipers down and still the same.

Any advice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Clean the windscreen with some glass cleaner. Then use a glass polish (not wax). And see if it cures it.

bluehandle

Feb 28, 2011
I had Bosch aerotwins on my previous car. I assumed they'd be good, given the premium price compared to others. I had the same problem.

Someone said to me once it's better to but cheap ones and replace them more often, than buy 'premium' ones and run them longer.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Depends. I took it to mean his previous wipers (may or may not be Bosch) did the same. But agree. I bought aerotwins once. The fit wasnt great. Generic fit I believe. So I bought the valeos and it's all I buy now.

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
I use Valeo now, as I think they last a lot longer than Bosch, but new Bosch blades should still clean the window.

Clean the glass with whatever magic potions and Halfords products you can find and see how that goes. If that doesn't work, try Valeo blades. If that doesn't work, new windscreen!

No, I'm not kidding. Older windscreens can get so worn they won't clean well and even if not that old they can get contaminated. Certain chemicals can impregnate the glass and be virtually impossible to remove. Over the years I've replaced two windscreens for the sole reason that they would not clear in the rain. It's a safety issue. Your insurance will cover it, you'll just have an excess to pay.

Tigerobe

Feb 20, 2017
Thanks guys, weather was awful so couldn’t clean the windscreen, hopefully if we get some respite tomorrow then il give it a clean.
Fingers crossed that will do the trick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk