MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

RZ46

Dec 4, 2018
East England
It's certainly not normal and touch ups aren't acceptable as a repair. It should be sorted under the paint and bodywork warranty.
Completely agree that this looks nothing like you’d expect to see from stone chipping. It’s definitely worth getting an opinion from a good insurance approaved body shop. They will have tools to measure paint thickness as well.

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Completely agree that this looks nothing like you’d expect to see from stone chipping. It’s definitely worth getting an opinion from a good insurance approaved body shop. They will have tools to measure paint thickness as well.

Agree too. I’ve never seen stone chips like that before. All in a line on an edge and quite large too by the looks of it.

Don’t go for touch up, that’s a cheap option by the Garage and because if age I’d be looking for a respray too.

Reactions: Hickery1995

Smolyneux85

Jun 22, 2018
North West
Picked my cupra up last Saturday from seat dealer got the Valeter to drive it out the workshop and curbed my wheel so it’s gone back to be sorted, twiddling my thumbs this weekend now just a question for when it comes back how do I set launch control, and also I’ve said my indvidual to get the best mpg but when I start it up I always got to deselect it so it must be defaulted to comfort ot cupra on start up .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moonsoutgoonsout

Dec 28, 2018
After the rigmarole of late, finally picked up my ST 300. Copra model, later engine, lack of heat element in the seats because of winter pack options on one sec off the next, yada yada - all said and done...

I really don't care for the triviality. The car is fantastic to drive!, every bit as decent build quality as my former BMW, comfortable yet assured ride, feels mature, carries phenomenal speed and has the utility as an outdoors type dad of 1x small person could ask for. May get some pics up later.

On reflection, I'm not bothered about the heated seats, as I have alcantara - not anywhere near a cold arse just leather gave previously. Can see how some would like the option, but not a deal breaker for me.

Had some clown in a Q60 earlier attempt a drag race I was unaware of from some lights, and promptly spin right his back end out into my lane. Imagine if I'd have bothered ... A bit more attention than I anticipated, maybe it's the copper getting people riled up?

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Yep I'm finding that my car is gaining more attention than I expected.

The copper seems to be well received by others too.

Anyone else order the camera? Really disappointed with it.
The design in the golf is much better

c0bc4dd24770a8d68f343e1c09fd3e87.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: Moonsoutgoonsout

Neil Francis

Jan 28, 2019
Cambridgeshire
I've just ordered a Leon 290 DSG in Mystery Bluewith delivery around march/april, excited to receive it. Its replacing my Golf GTI which goes back on lease, similar spec with the leon having a few more gadgets and power. Does anyone have any hi res pictures of Mystery blue with the new colour badges?

Reactions: Mystery290

Ian Fitzpatick

Dec 5, 2018
I've just ordered a Leon 290 DSG in Mystery Bluewith delivery around march/april, excited to receive it. Its replacing my Golf GTI which goes back on lease, similar spec with the leon having a few more gadgets and power. Does anyone have any hi res pictures of Mystery blue with the new colour badges?

I have recently ordered the same (in mystery blue as well) to replace my GTI which goes back in March. Be interesting to hear your views on how it compares to the GTI. My Cupra arrived with the dealer last Friday but am holding off delivery until march 1st for the new plate.

Neil Francis

Jan 28, 2019
Cambridgeshire
I have recently ordered the same (in mystery blue as well) to replace my GTI which goes back in March. Be interesting to hear your views on how it compares to the GTI. My Cupra arrived with the dealer last Friday but am holding off delivery until march 1st for the new plate.

Same, it was such a good deal i couldn't resist and the GTI offers with 15k per year milage were around £100 more a month than i pay now. It will be nice for a change. I've seen reviews on youtube etc and the Cupra looks good just hard to get power down in the wet. I'm moving from a manual to a DSG.

Reactions: bgb

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
How long was your build time in the end? Currently quoted 12(ish) weeks after factory accept order, be interesting to know if their is a possibility of an earlier build.

Trying to not pay for a cam belt change on my current car, so quicker delivery and hand back would be good!

Brooster89

Oct 13, 2018

Yeah I ordered the camera. It's functional but I know what you mean - I've seen and used better before. Picture isn't great (and on my ST it's filthy after 48 hours).

Ian Fitzpatick

Dec 5, 2018
How long was your build time in the end? Currently quoted 12(ish) weeks after factory accept order, be interesting to know if their is a possibility of an earlier build.

Trying to not pay for a cam belt change on my current car, so quicker delivery and hand back would be good!

I did order mine mid december from Nationwide Vehicle contract for March/April Delivery. Then had an email last week saying the car was due in with the dealer on Friday 25th Feb. Way earlier than i expected. I have a GTI on lease that doesnt go back until mid march so no taking delivery yet.

Reactions: bgb

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
I did order mine mid december from Nationwide Vehicle contract for March/April Delivery. Then had an email last week saying the car was due in with the dealer on Friday 25th Feb. Way earlier than i expected. I have a GTI on lease that doesnt go back until mid march so no taking delivery yet.
Hopefully be the same, just have to contend with excess mileage instead! Cheers :)

adamsupergeek

Dec 11, 2018
Yes definitely.

Did you use the code mse25 for 25% off at ALA .I just paid £99 to cover my 2 years lease Inc up to 2k initial rental cover .
Yeah I used the code, I only had 1 month upfront so didn't include the initial rental cover.

Adding on the initial rental cover brings it up to £131.

Last edited:

Matt-taylor

May 1, 2018

I agree, really disappointed with mine aswell, thought there may of been an obd11 programme to add adaptive lines