Parking Camera Query

MalteseSeat

Aug 1, 2018
Hi Guys.. Eagerly awaiting arrival of my 1.0 115 bhp DSG Xcellence Med Blue Ibiza :D (Such a mouthful). Do you guys know if it has one of those Parking Cameras that when you turn the steering, the camera guidelines turn to?

Jonny Brewer

Dec 4, 2018
Hi Guys.. Eagerly awaiting arrival of my 1.0 115 bhp DSG Xcellence Med Blue Ibiza :D (Such a mouthful). Do you guys know if it has one of those Parking Cameras that when you turn the steering, the camera guidelines turn to?
Yes it has the guidelines also the parking sensors also come on the screen along with the reversing camera

MalteseSeat

Aug 1, 2018
Thanks for that what I mean is you know the green lines that are straight with the red line in the middle? Does it turn with the car.. Here's a video of an aftermod, to see what I mean -

DigiMagic

Apr 14, 2017
At least on my smaller 5" radio, the guide lines don't turn with the car. They do indicate where the rear end of the car is quite precisely. If I recall correctly, it's simply green lines = good, red lines = bad.

MalteseSeat

Aug 1, 2018
So essentially park your rear up to the red line and stop there? :D Sorry first time getting a car with a parking camera even involved. Still learning how it works

DigiMagic

Apr 14, 2017
Exactly, as simple as that. (It's my first car with a camera as well, fortunately it turned out, everything is easy and intuitive to use.) Also going backwards in general is much easier with it, you see where you are going and how to squeeze between those already parked cars. Or whether the cats have bothered to move out of the way.

Reactions: MalteseSeat
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.