Retrofits - Heated Seats and Washers

decadent

Apr 1, 2012
Herts
Hey,

Sorry if you came here thinking I had done this. Given the cold weather it got me thinking, would it possible to retro fit these to my Exeo?

In an ideal world me seats would already have the headed elements within them and I would just need a loom and new fascia panel for the dash. If seats don't have the elements then no way would i do this mod - anyone know anything about this?

I've found Fuse 3 and 44 relate to the heated washers and heated seats but that's about as far as I've got.

Even my 23 year old VW Corrado has heated washers!

Cheers
Matt

Jay1601

Feb 23, 2018
The seats won’t have the elements as standard as for wiring it’s easy enough just need the new climate control panel with heated seat option switches and make up a a loom

As for heated washer jets, I got a pair of heated fan spray jets from China for £12 iirc and wiring is easy enough as I haven’t made enough posts yet I cant upload pics but if wanted I can pm you a wiring diagram

Jay1601

Feb 23, 2018
Here’s the Exeo wiring diagram for heated washer jets, may help others in the future very simple circuit, Seat are lazy and just run the jets off ignition feed meaning they are on all the time the car is running. Up to each if find another power source

22cade883f6795c69242519fdbd09e1b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nollywood

Aug 27, 2018
Everywhere
I doubt they’re on all the time. They would soon burn out.

On my old B6, they came on with the ignition, but only if outside temperature dropped below 5 degrees C, and the ice crystal appeared on the DIS.