Adaptive Cruise

Cupra_2019

Jan 25, 2019
Now this may be a stupid question but seeing as the Cupra has front assist as standard, is it a case of flicking the switch on VCDS to make it adaptive cruise. Its obviously a radar but is it as intelligent as the ACC system or different hardware. Would seat go to the hassle of having different radar systems? (My guess is yes due to cost but worth a look if anyone has VCDS to hand).

I know previously on my Black Edition A3 I was able to add Hill hold assist but clicking a button on VCDS, an option Audi were charging to add.

My laptop isnt currently working so can't get my car on VCDS to try.

Any ideas welcome

kickdown

Oct 5, 2018
Sofia, Bulgaria
Now this may be a stupid question but seeing as the Cupra has front assist as standard, is it a case of flicking the switch on VCDS to make it adaptive cruise. Its obviously a radar but is it as intelligent as the ACC system or different hardware. Would seat go to the hassle of having different radar systems? (My guess is yes due to cost but worth a look if anyone has VCDS to hand).

I know previously on my Black Edition A3 I was able to add Hill hold assist but clicking a button on VCDS, an option Audi were charging to add.

My laptop isnt currently working so can't get my car on VCDS to try.

Any ideas welcome
Same radar, you need to code it and you need new cruise control stalk on the steering cplumn for the ACC.

Also it will need adaptation.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Blowski

Cupra 280 DSG
Mar 23, 2018
I’ve asked this before about retro fitting to a Carbon Edition. I’m told that there are two part numbers for the radar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oldbutswift

Mar 23, 2016
Might be worth asking Awesome GTI at Manchester if they can do this.

They retro fitted cruise to two of my past VAG cars,new switch and recode,can recommend.

However,obviously ACC is a different proposition,but they might be getting to grips with it,they have done loads and loads of standard cruise fits in the past.

olaf

Dodo Lover!!
Aug 19, 2006
Ipswich
It was a VERY expensive repair on my Golf GTD when I damaged the radar. Means it might be quite an expensive retrofit.

Chrispy

Oct 6, 2018
It's the same hardware (apart from the switch on the steering column) but you can't just activate it.

VAG got wise to this and introduced something called SwAP (software as a product) and charge for activation codes to switch on features.

They don't allow this for ACC for some reason, so although I'm sure it's technically possible to activate it, it won't be easy or cheap!

Cupra_2019

Jan 25, 2019
Thanks for the thoughts everyone. Not a simple tick in the box like I hoped. Oh well I don't need it, would have must been nice if it was an easy add on.