Activating navigation

Dec 28, 2011
Cairo, Egypt
We recently purchased a SEAT Ibiza FR+ and although everything in the infotainment is working, navigation seems to need activation. I have not contacted the dealership yet, but I have a feeling they either won't do it or will ask for too much money.

Does anyone know if it can be done by coding? Or how does it work exactly? I had a Leon MK2 years ago but I have been in the BMW world for a while so I kind of forgot about how things work in the VAG universe. I remember I had an OBD cable and VAG COM software back in the day to code and enable features but I have never seen a menu for navigation.

And finally, is there a list of options that can be enabled for the FR+ by coding? I can post a list of options available in the car upon request, like folding mirrors, PDC, etc.

Any information is appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
Is there a navigation button next to the screen? It might just need the SD card with the maps. If it doesn't have the navigation button then it won't be able to do nav.

Dec 28, 2011
Cairo, Egypt
Is there a navigation button next to the screen? It might just need the SD card with the maps. If it doesn't have the navigation button then it won't be able to do nav.

Yes, there's a navigation button and a SD card slot. Where can I obtain a SD card with maps on it, though? Is there a way to "create" this SD card from files downloaded or would I have to buy it from somewhere?

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
I'm not sure- the dealer should have given you the SD card with the car.

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
Brand new cars fitted with Nav should come with the SD card and any half-decent dealer will have installed it as part of the PDI when you pick the car up.

Dec 28, 2011
Cairo, Egypt
Unfortunately, things are a bit different when it comes to navigation in Egypt, especially since it was considered "illegal" just a few years ago. It seems as though almost every car equipped with GPS needs the dealership to activate it for them. I had to find a way around the dealership in order to activate the GPS in my BMW F30, but I have all the tools necessary for the job (E-Sys, ENET, ISTA, etc.) whereas I don't know what it would take to do the same thing for the Ibiza.

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
I think the SWaP functions on VAG group need the car to be hooked up to VAG system online, generate a specific code to activate and then activate.
I am not so sure anyone can do this without being the actual dealership.
There is some guy in Poland that seems to be able to hack stuff, but you need to physically ship him the unit, he needs to flash a hacked firmware on it, and it won't work for all units - only one specific part number.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.