Carista or OBDeleven

BigRab

Aug 9, 2018
im looking to do the few minor changes to my Leon with either the carista device or an OBDeleven one.

Question is which one is better ?

From what I’ve read you seem to be able to do more with the OBDeleven don’t know if his is true though.

Looked through the carista section on forum and couldn’t see if you can set your rear lights to drl’s but I think you can on OBDeleven

Thank s in advance for any help

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
OBDEleven is better, but you need android as opposed to Carista that’s available on iPhone as well.

So I suppose it depends what phone you have and what you want to do. If Carista does all the things you want it maybe the cheaper option.

If you have an iPhone it’s the only option.

Deleted member 103408

Carista is an app tool so you can only do what the apps support
OBD11 is a dev tool so you can adjust all the components on the car even when there is no app for it.

If you just want a few changes then Carista is the cheaper option.
I think you can check on the site what it does for you and I would expect the Scandi ligth option to be there.

silles

May 4, 2017
same dilemma here, but looks like initial investment for carista is like 15.99 and obeleven is like 80? or maybe I'm not googling it right :)

i just want to turn off the fake sound thingy and maybe turn it back later.
Which one shall I buy?

Deleted member 103408

If that is all you want to do just discount it manually there are threads on here about how to.

For what you are after its Carista but from memory you have to buy the dongle (if you dont have one) and the fee is a yearly one but I dont use it so others can confirm the pricing structure.

Or you just shout out to people and ask them to do you a favor or come to one of the SCN Meets and we will do if for you

Dannnnn

Dec 9, 2018
Hampshire
Same question here.
Think I'm going to go with carista to begin with and then change if I want options that it can't do.

OBDeleven seems a bit more complicated to use/more can go wrong?

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
OBD eleven you can do a lot more. But you can also "break" the car by coding it wrong. Carista is simplier to use if you aren't sure what you are doing.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.