DSG paddle extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copeys

Sep 13, 2018
Did you order these?? Much prefer the look of how these sit flush!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did indeed! The arrived today... only thing is I don’t pick up my car until April

wms_F1

Jul 10, 2018
I did indeed! The arrived today... only thing is I don’t pick up my car until April

What are their quality like? Happy??

onkkel

Jul 12, 2018
Finland
Thanks for the link! Wasn't really in the market for extensions, but these looked so serious I had to put them on order :drool:

Received these yesterday. The fitment is a clamp fitment with just one screw pulling the package together, so not 4 grub screws (as shown on the ebay ad) that could harm the plastic paddles. I shortened the supplied allen key about 5mm as otherwise it would hit the wheel making it difficult to turn. Once this was done mounting was really easy.

Fitment is great and they sit flush with the paddles. Improved the feel of the paddles significantly :)

IMG_20190201_073551.jpg

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Received these yesterday. The fitment is a clamp fitment with just one screw pulling the package together, so not 4 grub screws (as shown on the ebay ad) that could harm the plastic paddles. I shortened the supplied allen key about 5mm as otherwise it would hit the wheel making it difficult to turn. Once this was done mounting was really easy.

Fitment is great and they sit flush with the paddles. Improved the feel of the paddles significantly :)

View attachment 4386
Defo look better than my old ones on the 280

Reactions: Tuningman1973

wms_F1

Jul 10, 2018

View attachment 4386

They look awesome! Thanks for sharing a pic... off I go to ebay...

CupraNJ

Apr 4, 2017
Bristol

View attachment 4386
They look good. I hope they have stock left!

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey

View attachment 4386
Are the back of these totally flat like the stick-on ones or are they sculpted in any way? I bought the stick on's but never fitted them as I thought they'd feel sh1te compared to the textured standard ones.

Reactions: Tuningman1973

onkkel

Jul 12, 2018
Finland
Are the back of these totally flat like the stick-on ones or are they sculpted in any way? I bought the stick on's but never fitted them as I thought they'd feel sh1te compared to the textured standard ones.
I don't recall them having any texture on the back and I won't be around the car until next week to check.

@Copeys might be able to send a pic of the back of them to verify since he hasn't got anything to mount them on yet? :happy:

Copeys

Sep 13, 2018
I don't recall them having any texture on the back and I won't be around the car until next week to check.

@Copeys might be able to send a pic of the back of them to verify since he hasn't got anything to mount them on yet? :happy:

I haven’t got a picture to hand right now but from memory I can remember they are completely flat

Copeys

Sep 13, 2018

View attachment 4386

How are you getting in with these? Is the clamping sufficient enough to stop them rattling?

onkkel

Jul 12, 2018
Finland
How are you getting in with these? Is the clamping sufficient enough to stop them rattling?

I'm very happy with them. The clamping force is good even if I didn't screw them all the way. I left a small 1-2mm gap as I didn't want to put excess force on the plastic paddles. Holding up great so far and no rattles at all.

Reactions: Copeys
Status
Not open for further replies.
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise