Front assist unavailable

Raglits

Jan 1, 2019
Has anyone had this message? Was driving last night and this appeared on the dash as I pulled off the motorway. Switched front assist off and on again but message was still there. Cleaned the radar sensor when I got to my destination but when switching the car back on to head home still had the message. Performed a scan with Carista when I got home

Adaptive cruise control:
00791 - Air Conditioner Evaporator Temperature Switch (G33)

I don't have adaptive cruise control and if I'm honest, even if I did I fail to see how something on the air con would be responsible for the front assist error...

Car is going back to where I bought it from on Thursday, and I suspect they'll just confirm the error and then send the car to SEAT to be fixed. Just wondered if there was anything else I should try, as driving round with a error on the dash annoys the hell out of me

Attachments

• IMG_20190204_115927.jpg
    IMG_20190204_115927.jpg
    587.6 KB · Views: 7,759

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Has anyone had this message? Was driving last night and this appeared on the dash as I pulled off the motorway. Switched front assist off and on again but message was still there. Cleaned the radar sensor when I got to my destination but when switching the car back on to head home still had the message. Performed a scan with Carista when I got home

Adaptive cruise control:
00791 - Air Conditioner Evaporator Temperature Switch (G33)

I don't have adaptive cruise control and if I'm honest, even if I did I fail to see how something on the air con would be responsible for the front assist error...

Car is going back to where I bought it from on Thursday, and I suspect they'll just confirm the error and then send the car to SEAT to be fixed. Just wondered if there was anything else I should try, as driving round with a error on the dash annoys the hell out of me
Had it once in really bad snow on the 280. Sorted itself the next restart though.

JayClarke

Apr 18, 2018
Derby
I had this on my GTI, it would clear itself after a while but would always come back.

I was told it was due to the front sensor needing to be re-aligned, which can only be done at a dealership at the cost of a kidney.

There's two bolts that hold the sensor on, make sure they're nipped up and holding it in place correctly.

Raglits

Jan 1, 2019
I had this on my GTI, it would clear itself after a while but would always come back.

I was told it was due to the front sensor needing to be re-aligned, which can only be done at a dealership at the cost of a kidney.

There's two bolts that hold the sensor on, make sure they're nipped up and holding it in place correctly.

The car is only 16 months old, as far as I'm concerned this is a warranty job. I am not paying for re-alignment when I've not crashed into anything. I could understand them charging me if I'd belted the rear of another car or something but not because someone has created some sort of shoddy design where it can fail by itself.

JayClarke

Apr 18, 2018
Derby
The car is only 16 months old, as far as I'm concerned this is a warranty job. I am not paying for re-alignment when I've not crashed into anything. I could understand them charging me if I'd belted the rear of another car or something but not because someone has created some sort of shoddy design where it can fail by itself.

I totally agree, as long as there's no signs of damage, I'm sure they'll sort it for you.

The newer Golfs have the sensor built into the VW badge now - likely due to this.

Norbert

Oct 16, 2018
After small accident i did reset with vagcom and need a good motorway drive.
I think modul13 and something basic reset but motorway drive important to work good again.in the city cant calibrate the distance somehow.

Feb 2, 2020
I have an issue with the front assist, I can't even disable it, it recognises the fault and switches it back on any suggestions?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.