2019 Cupra 290 Res Delete Done!!

Mystery290

Nov 13, 2018
Newcastle upon Tyne

servicepoint

Jan 30, 2016
I’m thinking ahead here,
I’ll get my Cupra 290 in early March and would like the resonator delete option at some point, is there anywhere in the Glasgow area that will do the job if I get the section?

servicepoint

Jan 30, 2016
To answer my own question, I might try Falkland Performance for a price, they previously did some work on my Impreza.

Omi

Oct 26, 2018
2 local places have asked £140 for a pipe with a bend in it, a bit of hanger rod, and a clamp. Am I being tight or are the taking the pee?

Anyone have recommendations in the north east?

Craig Elliott

Dec 28, 2018
2 local places have asked £140 for a pipe with a bend in it, a bit of hanger rod, and a clamp. Am I being tight or are the taking the pee?

Anyone have recommendations in the north east?
I dunno where you are, but a local place to me near Edinburgh offered to supply and fit a Res Delete for £80, then when I wanted it removed, they would refit and weld resonator back in place for £40.

Reactions: servicepoint

servicepoint

Jan 30, 2016
I dunno where you are, but a local place to me near Edinburgh offered to supply and fit a Res Delete for £80, then when I wanted it removed, they would refit and weld resonator back in place for £40.
Where was this if you don’t mind me asking?

Mystery290

Nov 13, 2018
Newcastle upon Tyne
Once you do a res delete all the Cupra models would sound the same as its so prominent.

I just meant with this being the first known 290 with the additional GPF in the exhaust and a res delete which will make it sound different to the previous 300s? The very latest cars will be different to the pre WLTP cars so I’m just curious what effect the additional cat has and whether the pops and bangs are still there under load and as easy to generate as the 300s

Ryosaurus26

Oct 25, 2018
Is there a coupon for the VAGsport res delete please? I’m sure I’ve seen it on here but can’t find it. Need to get it on order for next Friday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryosaurus26

Oct 25, 2018
Are there anymore videos with the res delete on the new 290 with PPF?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skyscraper120

Feb 13, 2019
How would a res delete work on a contract hire lease, considered valid? Have other done it? Going through leasing options.

Cut original exhaust in 1 place, undo the sleeve, take it out, slide the res delete in and clamp it with the two sleeves, tighten it up, done.

Few videos on youtube just google res delete VAG. But yes as long as returned to standard when handing back its ok.

Last edited:

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
I had mine done last week nice little burble on comfort mood and pretty much perfect sound levels when in cupra mode you'd expect from a hot hatch. Very happy with it!

Reactions: Smolyneux85

Deluxe

Jul 25, 2017
I had mine done last week nice little burble on comfort mood and pretty much perfect sound levels when in cupra mode you'd expect from a hot hatch. Very happy with it!
Video please! :)

Anyone else made a res delete with the kit (version 3) from progressiv parts? And of you did, any modifications needed?

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.