Tdi boost help.

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
Hello
I have a TDI (ARL) new to me unfortunately and has a boost issue, will boost to 1.2 bar ISH absolutely fine...go past that, can go to 1.7bar but doesn't, it's like traction control has kicked in, total loss of power, juddering like it wants to stop the car but if I take my foot off then back on again it will drive fine up to the point of 1.2bar, no codes, no lights on offer from the ECU. Had vcds on it with nothing back, codes where recently deleted without knowledge of what was what (not me) and for some reason torque won't connect to the ECU. Any help would be grateful even though I do own a mk4 golf
Many thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
No luck mate, not sure if that would be an easy fix, maybe hot plastic weld or replace with like for like, maybe time for upgrade
S3 intercooler??????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Andrewwright

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
I've got to do something with it because I want shot of it. Is ok but 3 door isn't for me.

Anybody want to swap a MK4 golf gttdi running 190hp popcorn,hardcut ect ect with plenty of issues for a 1.8t Leon?
Reg is nc51pkj. Has had replaced engine,box twice that I know of lmao. Well know car but for all the wrong reasons. Had 5 people come up to me about it so far. Needs gone out of Peterborough where it can have a happy life with someone who likes a golf.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.