Leon ST rear USB power

AlexOS

I have an MY19 Leon Cupra ST and it has 2x USB sockets on the rear of the centre console for power in the back. These sockets are great when the ignition is on, but they don't provide power when the ignition is off.

Does anyone know if its possible to make these live all the time?

I have tried moving the fuse for the 12v cigarette lighter sockets. The sockets are now live full time, but the USB's still aren't.

Any suggestions? Thanks

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
I have an MY19 Leon Cupra ST and it has 2x USB sockets on the rear of the centre console for power in the back. These sockets are great when the ignition is on, but they don't provide power when the ignition is off.

Does anyone know if its possible to make these live all the time?

I have tried moving the fuse for the 12v cigarette lighter sockets. The sockets are now live full time, but the USB's still aren't.

Any suggestions? Thanks
It’ll be wired that way deliberately to stop you flattening the battery on the car, if swapping the fuse didn’t work, VCDS/OBD11 may offer a solution but it’ll likely need wires cutting to sort.

The better solution is to do what you’ve done with the fuse and buy a mini usb 12v adaptor and use that.

AlexOS

It’ll be wired that way deliberately to stop you flattening the battery on the car, if swapping the fuse didn’t work, VCDS/OBD11 may offer a solution but it’ll likely need wires cutting to sort.

The better solution is to do what you’ve done with the fuse and buy a mini usb 12v adaptor and use that.
I’ve got a 12v adapter and am running that from the socket at the front of the console, but that only has 1x 2a socket, and I need 2... bloody iPads..lol

Just a pain that there are two power sockets there and they cant be used all the time..

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
I’ve got a 12v adapter and am running that from the socket at the front of the console, but that only has 1x 2a socket, and I need 2... bloody iPads..lol

Just a pain that there are two power sockets there and they cant be used all the time..
The one I have has 2. I used to have one in the boot as well to feed the rear passenger seats, but as the facelift has the USB in the rear I don’t need it.

AUKEY USB Car Charger Dual Port 24W Flush Fit Car Adaptor with Multi Protection Safety System for iPhone X / 8 / 8 Plus / 7, iPad Air / Pro / mini, Samsung & More - Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00M6Q83B4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_ZFhyCb5T2QVW5

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.