New car ordered - I have some questions

TvpSeat

Feb 1, 2019
Hi all.

I've just ordered a new car. Mystery Blue Leon Cupra ST 300 4drive. I'm very excited as I've driven a whole host of generally boring diesels for years so looking forward to getting back into a revvy petrol car again. Ive ordered the non lux as I didn't like the leather seats on the one I saw at the dealers but the Alcantara looks great. If anyone can answer any of the below I'd be grateful.

1. Does anyone know what the standard fit tyres are on these?

2. Where are the USB and 12v points in the car? (Mine will be a non lux if that makes any difference)

3. I've been quoted a 12-14 week build time but reading around the forum it looks like many people have had delays. Is 12-14 weeks realistic or should I prepare for a longer wait?

Many thanks.....seems a really good forum learnt a lot already.

Cheers
Graham

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
Often there is a choice of standard fit tyres that might be fitted, need a Cupar owner for the next and third question really or check with the dealer re build date and check the brochure for the elect points if you can see them in the pictures?

Reactions: TvpSeat

sdrfish

Jul 11, 2018
I ordered my lux st back at the start of noveamber. It’s now just come off the boat theoretically should be with me next week but I won’t collect till the 8/3 when my lease runs out.

If it is like other vw group cars chances are it will come with Bridgestones.

Not sure about USB ports but my current golf has 3 in the front so can’t see there being much different. But you will get a 12v in the front and boot.

Reactions: TvpSeat

TvpSeat

Feb 1, 2019
Thanks for the replies.

I've seen pictures of a couple under the heating controls but I've also seen a picture of one with a couple in the glove box. No big deal just interested and working out how I'm going to fit a dash cam.

Sounds like the delivery estimate I've had is about right then. Cant wait!

sdrfish

Jul 11, 2018
Thanks for the replies.

I've seen pictures of a couple under the heating controls but I've also seen a picture of one with a couple in the glove box. No big deal just interested and working out how I'm going to fit a dash cam.

Sounds like the delivery estimate I've had is about right then. Cant wait!

There is on what in the glove box and 2 on the front console. For a Dash cam where the glove box is to the left of that where the door shuts is where the fuses are located so you could hard wire it by there.

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
MY19 ST Cupra:

1. 235/35/R19 91Y Conti Sport Contact 5P (AO) extra load tyres (built Oct 18)

2. 2 x usb centre console front (below climate), 2 x usb rear centre console, 1 x 12v socket under centre arm rest console, 1 x 12v socket in boot (LHS). No usb in glove box.

3. Longer than 12-14 week waits were for cars awaiting WLTP results - looks to be back to normal now, but as options are now limited, probably some stock cars about.

Reactions: LouG and Brooster89

Chrispy

Oct 6, 2018
I have a 68 plate 4drive (one of the early Copras)...

Tyres are conti as said above.

2 USB ports just in front of the gear stick.
2 USB ports on the back of the centre console (for rear seat passengers).

One power socket in centre console near cup holders.
One power socket in the boot.

Dash cam would probably be best hard wired into the fuse box. There's a thread on here somewhere with how to do it.

Reactions: Brooster89

TvpSeat

Feb 1, 2019
MY19 ST Cupra:

1. 235/35/R19 91Y Conti Sport Contact 5P (AO) extra load tyres (built Oct 18)

2. 2 x usb centre console front (below climate), 2 x usb rear centre console, 1 x 12v socket under centre arm rest console, 1 x 12v socket in boot (LHS). No usb in glove box.

3. Longer than 12-14 week waits were for cars awaiting WLTP results - looks to be back to normal now, but as options are now limited, probably some stock cars about.

Happy days, should get it when they said then if not earlier but my current lease doesn't end until mid June.

TvpSeat

Feb 1, 2019
I have a 68 plate 4drive (one of the early Copras)...

Tyres are conti as said above.

2 USB ports just in front of the gear stick.
2 USB ports on the back of the centre console (for rear seat passengers).

One power socket in centre console near cup holders.
One power socket in the boot.

Dash cam would probably be best hard wired into the fuse box. There's a thread on here somewhere with how to do it.

Thank you....I'll look into a hard wire kit. Just don't want to do to much as it's a lease so it's got to go back after 3 years although if I like it as much as I expect to I may try and buy it

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise