The ultimate front splitter thread

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
I'll be looking for a splitter for the 300 I acquired recently and it's a toss up between the Rieger and Seats own offering. The former is a tad expensive, but extends the front bumper to give a more sporty look which I like. The latter is more integrated, but is very pointy like the carbon/R, and looks suceptible to impact damage. Bother require side skirts (not blades) to complete the look in my own humble opinion of course.
They’re all susceptible to impact damage. Personally of the 2 I’d say go Reigar, but if you plan to gonsode skirts not blades, I’d suggest painting it. Your right it extends or lowers the front of the car, but with side skirts from a distance it still looks like the front should be lower as the splitter disappears being black. It’s the reason I wrapped my 280’s splitter and had planned to paint it.

CupraNJ

Apr 4, 2017
Bristol
They’re all susceptible to impact damage. Personally of the 2 I’d say go Reigar, but if you plan to gonsode skirts not blades, I’d suggest painting it. Your right it extends or lowers the front of the car, but with side skirts from a distance it still looks like the front should be lower as the splitter disappears being black. It’s the reason I wrapped my 280’s splitter and had planned to paint it.

Yes. I thought about painting the TRP splitter on my 280 Monsoon Grey match the rest of the car, but ended up trading it in for the 300 4D. Haven't seen any images of a colour matched Rieger splitter on a car, so might try some photoshop magic.

Hogey

Jul 6, 2016
Rieger front & rear on a pre facelift

64E64B5D-7E00-4E0F-94A2-E04616F245B4.jpeg
8CA1C5A6-52EF-44C6-967B-34D579A1FC2C.jpeg
3E20EBC1-DA4E-48E0-BD5F-4FCD24C280FD.jpeg

Crumpy

May 9, 2018
Anybody on here know where this splitter is from and where to buy? i personally think this one looks awesome, particularly the extensions to the bodywork left and right of the main grill, makes the front end so much more aggressive.

cheers

Attachments

• IMG_1329.jpg
    IMG_1329.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 203
Reactions: louiskopite

wms_F1

Jul 10, 2018
Quick question... I have the TRC splitter to fit at the weekend on my Cupra 280 ST... To everyone who has fitted a splitter on the 280 did you take off the bumper to fit or leave in situ?? If you left in situ in hindsight would it of been easier to take off the bumper? Cheers

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
I got my Rieger diffuser and splitter - installed the diffuser yesterday and it gave me much more fighting than I expected... either way, it is now in, minus 2 screws that for the light of me I could not figure where they went from the instructions - somewhere right over the exhaust pipe, but how??

The splitter, I took a look... it did not immediately fit easily and I thought "This is easier with 2 persons" so I will head to my friend who has a lift and get him to help me out.
From the Rieger instructions, it seems that you need to remove some front bottom part before you start to fit it, but do you guys have any tips?

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
I got my Rieger diffuser and splitter - installed the diffuser yesterday and it gave me much more fighting than I expected... either way, it is now in, minus 2 screws that for the light of me I could not figure where they went from the instructions - somewhere right over the exhaust pipe, but how??

The splitter, I took a look... it did not immediately fit easily and I thought "This is easier with 2 persons" so I will head to my friend who has a lift and get him to help me out.
From the Rieger instructions, it seems that you need to remove some front bottom part before you start to fit it, but do you guys have any tips?

Hold the splitter up to the car and you will see 4 holes line up with self tappers already on your car. Remove these.

You may wish to add some sealant to the car underside or splitter topside to seal between the two.
Offer the splitter up to the car and reinsert the 4 self tappers you took out. Bear in mind these 4 self tappers go through overlapping panels under the splitter so you need to align those too. Once the 4 are back in place, using a 3mm drill piece, drill through the remaining 18 holes to create a pilot hole. Then add 18 self tappers and bingo.

That’s what I did with mine and it’s rock solid months later.

Reactions: wms_F1 and Jaco2k

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
Problem with sealing it in is that I cannot easily remove it if needed.
After this weekend on the ice track, there were some battle scars and I think that if I had the splitter in by then it would have been in a million pieces - as happened to some guy with a BRZ.
Since I plan to attend again next year, I also plan to remove the splitter to go there, so I think I am going with the screws only.

Reactions: Maypack and wms_F1

Deleted member 103408

From what I have seen if you go with self taping screws its best to seal, However if you bolt the thing on then (and It will be a pain) you could always remove it for the winter.

Reactions: wms_F1

Daire92

Cupra 290 DSG
Jan 6, 2016
Ireland
www.instagram.com
I've posted this elsewhere before but since people are looking for help, here's my advice for fitting the splitter with bolts. Keep in mind I used a TRC splitter but procedure should be very similar.

"I've fitted 3 TRC splitters at this stage, 2 to a Leon FR and 1 to my Cupra. same procedure for both. I really should have done a DIY instruction post on how to do it last time. I've tried the self tappers by themselves and I ended up having the splitter get ripped off the car at 180km/h from the force of the air resistance alone. That prompted the 2nd fitting. This time it was bolted on and it's was fine till I sold the car, got a Cupra in April and bolted on another one. The cupra has gone to 235km/h and it didn't budge. You can bolt it on WITHOUT removing the bumper, it's fiddly and is way easier with a extra set of hands. A set of jack stands is a must before you work underneath the car. A splitter is not worth getting crushed to death for lads. Safety first. Halfords sell a 2 tonne set for about €30.

You have to remove the two wheels and front section of the wheel arch liners, no need to remove the section directly above the wheel, this is only a couple screws. Get under the car and loosen the plastic sump guard or remove it completely. This is only a few screws as well and its 2 pieces of flat thin plastic. This will give you access to the inside of the bottom of the bumper. I used 3 self tappers to align the splitter and hold it in place, get someone to help you line it up with the arches and put one tapper through the pre drilled holes on either side and one in the middle(center of the bumper). This will make life easier when you are drilling. If you dont have a drill or self tappers just tape it in place. Now drill holes big enough to take the supplied bolts, they're M5 i think, through each of the splitters pre drilled holes.

You can now just feed the bolt up through the holes and you should be able to add the nut to each bolt either through the arches for the side ones or from directly under the car for the front 3. It's tight for the center 3 but its doable, a small hand will help. Just bend the underside of the bumper down and you can slip your hand into this space where you will find the bolt sticking up through the bumper. It is tricky to get the nut started in the bolt. A spanner on top of the nut and an allen key bit in a drill to wind it down quick once its on the end of the bolt does the trick. Do this for all 9 bolts. The splitter is now fitted so just re attach your sump guard and arches and you're off.

Total time for myself and my dad to get this done the 3rd time was about an hour from jacking it up to lowering it back down. Removing the front bumper is definitely not the easier way to do this unless you plan to do some other jobs like painting the grill/license plate area and bumper below the grill at the same time."

Daire92

Cupra 290 DSG
Jan 6, 2016
Ireland
www.instagram.com

Those two bolts had me scratching my head too but the Z shaped bracket goes into a hole that connects the arch liner and the underside body tray above the exhausts. This then lines up with the bolt holes on the diffuser. The instructions are very poor alright.

Reactions: Jaco2k

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
Those two bolts had me scratching my head too but the Z shaped bracket goes into a hole that connects the arch liner and the underside body tray above the exhausts. This then lines up with the bolt holes on the diffuser. The instructions are very poor alright.

What Z shaped bracket?? :)
When I am home I will try to post a photo of my instructions.
...there was no z-shapped bracket in my package.

Deano j1971

Jan 5, 2018
What Z shaped bracket?? :)
When I am home I will try to post a photo of my instructions.
...there was no z-shapped bracket in my package.

@Jaco2k..... I’ve fitted the Rieger rear diffuser and front splitter and found that the front splitter was the easiest one to install out of them both. At either side underneath the bumper there is a screw if you take them out and offer up the splitter the holes should line up and the screws will go back in original hole. Then it’s just a case of pre-drilling the rest of the holes and fitting all the screws and some odd shaped washers. I know you don’t live in the UK and you have much harsher weather/winter than us, you can even use a bead of silicone as well. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jaco2k

Norbert

Oct 16, 2018
Yeah I found the rear diffuser a pain in the ass to install especially as I done it myself, the instructions are a waste of time. But I have to say the final finish is awesome. View attachment 4634
Now have a black Cupra and boot badge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Come with both side cut?
Ebay seller say fit with facelift fr and i cant find another for facelift.

Rif

Jan 22, 2019
Fitted a TRC on the weekend (my arch gap looks terrible due to angle of driveway). I managed to get a 2nd hand unfitted item for 75 quid so I went for it as even though I prefer the more OEM look I couldn't justify the cost of the Reiger atm.
thumbnail_20190218_080958.jpg
thumbnail_20190218_080945.jpg

Saying that TRC fitted perfectly and gel coat finish was very good so don't have a bad word to say. Holes were pre drilled in the ideal location as well. Few scuffs on the knuckles but generally a very straight forward fit...

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.