DSG paddle extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

wms_F1

Jul 10, 2018
Bought the DSG Paddle Extensions off ebay from HAZ Motorsport. Have to say they are excellent quality and fit around the original paddles really well. Agreed with others they could do with some tactility on the rear, but not a deal breaker. Went with black as it matches the black bits on the steering wheel and dash!

Attachments

• IMG_6521.jpg
    IMG_6521.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 261

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Thought I'd update this.
Been doing a bit of digging and found that the paddles fitted to the 5F leon are also used in these Audis.
It opens up a much larger selection of extension options

WYI2I5Ql.jpg
I got excited, but then saw the RS7.

They’re different as have the silver bits...

rs7steeringwheelperfblue.jpg

Reactions: louiskopite

Mystery290

Nov 13, 2018
Newcastle upon Tyne
Is it just me or is anybody else struggling to find some nice, plain OEM looking extended paddles? I hate the comically small paddles on VAG cars and I honestly thought by now somebody would have manufactured something OEM+ that blended with the cars interior but offered a bigger, easier to reach paddle!
I really wanted some extensions for when my car arrives but I don’t want something that doesn’t match colour wise and looks like it’s been lifted from an arcade racing game :banghead2

Reactions: olaf

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Is it just me or is anybody else struggling to find some nice, plain OEM looking extended paddles? I hate the comically small paddles on VAG cars and I honestly thought by now somebody would have manufactured something OEM+ that blended with the cars interior but offered a bigger, easier to reach paddle!
I really wanted some extensions for when my car arrives but I don’t want something that doesn’t match colour wise and looks like it’s been lifted from an arcade racing game :banghead2
I’d say get something that is a contrast rather than matching. If you get something that tries to match the plastic, it won’t and will annoy more. The Audi’s seem to have extra silver bits fitted (see earlier photo) so something like that would look better than another black plastic that’s not the same.

Mystery290

Nov 13, 2018
Newcastle upon Tyne
I suppose...I just feel that most offerings don’t go with the interiors at all - I feel sure a gloss black option or maybe even something in copper for the newer cars but everything on the market seems to stick out like a sore thumb :headhurt:

I’ve since found some I like from the USA for about $55 that are a black rubberised plastic and look very OEM by a company called Relak so might give those a try

Deleted member 103408

az tech on facebook showed some copper ones, not sure if you can buy them but might be worth a chat if you are interested.

I dont like them personally but then we all like different things.

Screenshot 2019-02-14 at 22.52.32.png

Screenshot 2019-02-14 at 22.52.53.png

Reactions: Mystery290

Dannnnn

Dec 9, 2018
Hampshire
I was thinking about getting some spare paddles and taking them apart/making new whole paddles (I'm a design engineer and use CAD all day, plus have a 3D printer)
Then plastidipping them to make them rubberised.

wms_F1

Jul 10, 2018
I suppose...I just feel that most offerings don’t go with the interiors at all - I feel sure a gloss black option or maybe even something in copper for the newer cars but everything on the market seems to stick out like a sore thumb :headhurt:

I’ve since found some I like from the USA for about $55 that are a black rubberised plastic and look very OEM by a company called Relak so might give those a try

Im not really getting on with my current ones, and these sound more like what Im after.

Do you have a link please?

Mystery290

Nov 13, 2018
Newcastle upon Tyne
az tech on facebook showed some copper ones, not sure if you can buy them but might be worth a chat if you are interested.

I dont like them personally but then we all like different things.

I saw these but they don't really have an online shop as such, at least that I can find and don't much fancy buying off Facebook... shame because I actually quite like them!

I was thinking about getting some spare paddles and taking them apart/making new whole paddles (I'm a design engineer and use CAD all day, plus have a 3D printer)
Then plastidipping them to make them rubberised.

I thought about this myself, would be very interesting to have a go at 3D printing some bespoke items that are a direct replacement for the originals - would be pretty lucrative too as nobody else is doing it, only extensions

Im not really getting on with my current ones, and these sound more like what Im after.

Do you have a link please?

They look a lot more OEM than most other offerings, and the rubberised texture should make them nicer to use than hard, cold plastic.
These are the ones I found: http://relakmoto.com/Rallytech-Paddles-Satin-Black-RtechBlkB9.htm

They are listed for Audi S3 2017 onwards...not sure if they are confirmed to fit ours or not but cant imagine them being much different - although I'm sure somebody on here will be able to confirm this?

Reactions: wms_F1

Dannnnn

Dec 9, 2018
Hampshire
I saw these but they don't really have an online shop as such, at least that I can find and don't much fancy buying off Facebook... shame because I actually quite like them!

I thought about this myself, would be very interesting to have a go at 3D printing some bespoke items that are a direct replacement for the originals - would be pretty lucrative too as nobody else is doing it, only extensions

They look a lot more OEM than most other offerings, and the rubberised texture should make them nicer to use than hard, cold plastic.
These are the ones I found: http://relakmoto.com/Rallytech-Paddles-Satin-Black-RtechBlkB9.htm

They are listed for Audi S3 2017 onwards...not sure if they are confirmed to fit ours or not but cant imagine them being much different - although I'm sure somebody on here will be able to confirm this?

I've got a broken paddle on order so I can investigate making them.
If it's successful I might even consider custom ones for people, will even try to get the illumination working.

I've bought some Audi ones off eBay so will update when I get them along with a can of "plastidip" to try and make them feel OEM.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/233025459129

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

wms_F1

Jul 10, 2018

Thanks... really like the look of them. Anyone able to confirm if they fit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise