Retrofit cruise control

danl88

Do the stalks purely give you the cruise control or do they give you all the computer functions aswell such as the mpg.

qwert

Jan 13, 2008
the right hand stalk comes with the buttons for the trip computer etc as usual. I think there are two models of stalk, one for cars with trip computer, one without...

danl88

Mine doesnt have the trip computer, but i want it aswell as the cruise control......is it an easy job? Dont know whether to put it in here or make a new thread but i want to know if its easy to fit a seat steering wheel with audio controls and then connect them as mine is a std wheel

markthommo_84

Sep 10, 2006
England
if you don't have the trip computer now, the stalk won't give you it. you'll just have two dead buttons on the new stalk.

Cruise control - you will also need to check if you have the correct module under the footwell with the connections - not just the new stalk...
there doesnt seem to be any pattern with which models got the one you need - there are two types and one has fewer pins. if you search through some of my previous posts you'll find a lot more info.

for instance - my 54 plate 130PD FR had the module required, as i think most diesels will,

however my mam's 08 plate 1.2 didnt - but my brothers old 02 plate 1.2 did!!

like I said browse some of my previous posts cos I cant remember off the top of my head the details on this, but i havent posted much recently on anything other than cruise control so should be easy to find!

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
like I said browse some of my previous posts cos I cant remember off the top of my head the details on this, but i havent posted much recently on anything other than cruise control so should be easy to find!

Or try the top sticky in the FAQ MK4 Ibiza section which includes all the details and pictures on all the types of control unit.

You may be able to retro fit the trip computer, but at £300 ish for a dash cluster whos gonna want to try it?

SkimpyWan

Unleash the hounds . . .
Dec 27, 2009
Bournemouth / North London
Techie, nice posts. I am a NOOB on here, however I am looking at getting a '06 tdi FR tomorrow and wanted to know if you still fit the cruise control unit? I am in Bournemouth and I think they sell Jaffa's nearby!?

Joens

Jan 18, 2008
Helsinki, Finland
Alright, my -07 FR 1.8T is getting cruise retrofitted today. I can check the part numbers that are needed later today from the bill. Parts were around 200 euros.

Joens

Jan 18, 2008
Helsinki, Finland
Alright, my -07 FR 1.8T is getting cruise retrofitted today. I can check the part numbers that are needed later today from the bill. Parts were around 200 euros.

Alright. Cruise fitted and works like it should. Note to people, The 1.8T is more complicated than diesels. The cruise cost 150 euros, all the wires around 90 euros and 110was installing, (looms were suppose to cost only 40e)The Seat carage said to me I had all the needed parts, but it was missing looms that connect to ecu, so they had to do some extra wiring to enable install the cruise.Basically the guy said its not worth to try installing unless ur experienced mechanic and know vag electrics well due the missing looms.

Feb 12, 2019
I'd be asking for £175 fitted.

DSC00967.jpg

All genuine parts used.

Feb 12, 2019
Hi all, I'm new to the forum so please bear with me. I know that this is an old thread but I was wondering the cruise control installation is still being carried out Cheapest I've seen elsewhere is £300. Thanks

Bustabloodklart

May 2, 2017
Hi all, I'm new to the forum so please bear with me. I know that this is an old thread but I was wondering the cruise control installation is still being carried out Cheapest I've seen elsewhere is £300. Thanks

Hi Daniel
Ross (Techie) on this Forum did mine for about 250 I think but not only is he a great guy who knows our cars inside out he does a fab job too.
Car has done a fautless 35k since and I use mine all the time.

Reactions: techie
Feb 12, 2019
Hi Daniel
Ross (Techie) on this Forum did mine for about 250 I think but not only is he a great guy who knows our cars inside out he does a fab job too.
Car has done a fautless 35k since and I use mine all the time.
That sounds great. Thank you for your reply, I'm hoping to get it done in the next couple of months, I'm currently in the middle of replacing the suspension with bilstein shocks and eibach springs so I need to save some pennies. Thanks again

Reactions: techie
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.