Stage 2 remap

Fozzy84

Apr 23, 2012
I have an LCR with a BAM engine.

It had a Custom Code stage 1 map.

I sold it to a mate who added a filter, TIP, & full turbo back system including decat. He was advised to get a stage 2 map even without the FMIC being added as it would write out the sensor with it being a decat.

I bought it back off him, added the FMIC and now want to optimise the power with a custom stage 2 map from a reputable company.

Ive been told by Awesome GTI stage 2 ,maps are all generic and the ecu will alter itself after a few weeks of driving to take into account the FMIC and the altered lag/boost/air etc.

Im not sure this is the case, any tuners can enlighten me here?

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Can you make it to r-tech? It's where I'd go if I didn't want off the shelf. I went Stage 2 Revo on my MK2 and when the weather was hot, it was pulling timing. The FMIC stopped that, I asked about getting it back in to adjust the map and they said not to bother.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Has the car got Awesome's Stage 2 file on it? if it has called Awesome and ask them.

if not get the APR Stage 2 file from Awesome.

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Hi
For my two cents,
I’d definitely do FMIC, if you don’t you can’t use the power for long before heat builds and the heat soak drains the power delivery.
As for stage 2 I’d look at Badger5. Either Bill or the boys at R tec are exceptional.
I travel nr 2 hrs each way to see Bill at Badger5.
If you’re London based then
Ben Parsons at Devil Developments is another good guy with good rep.
He’s flavour of the month right now.
Awesome overrun that he does. Big pops bangs n flames if that’s your thing.
When you do your map.
Get a custom session. So much better and only about 50 quid more. Generic maps are just basic mapping.
Custom allows it to be tweaked here and there.
Bill disappears into his office and studies the data, then tweaks and tweaks until you’re car is singing.
I have good stage 2 mods and a new standard KO4 and had a custom stage 1 at Badger5 . Hit 270 brake and with decat and better downpipe hit 283 ( same map.
Torque around 300 so close torod bending.
There’s plenty more for my car to give but need rods doing first.

Badger5 Custom Map + TIP,
3”Custom exhaust, FMIC, Bosh 550’s, BC Coilovers, ARB’s +loads more.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.