MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Mcdoodlz

Mar 21, 2018
Derbyshire
That's BW6, mine's a BW5 and I rang Seat on Monday and they still said it was in transport from the factory to port.

Gonna ring them again on Monday to see if it's moved on at all...

Ah okay interesting. Keep us updated on the whereabouts of yours. I'll post again next time they update me

DazFahy

Jan 29, 2019
Ordered my cupra 290 in magnetic grey on the 12th January, dealer has confirmed today it is in the factory this week. Still due to take delivery the end of March. Big upgrade from my current leon fr 184 diesel.

Jonno02

Apr 8, 2015
Took delivery of my 290 Copra yesterday. Immediately unplugged the soundaktor before even starting the car. It's definitely a lot more throaty than my 290 black edition. Exhaust is definitely louder.

I'm expecting after a few thousand miles I'll get the firecracker overrun like I did on my old one, none of that yet. No farts on up shift, instead there's a far more gurgly thud which sounds a million times better from both outside and inside.

Hickery1995

Oct 23, 2018
Took delivery of my 290 Copra yesterday. Immediately unplugged the soundaktor before even starting the car. It's definitely a lot more throaty than my 290 black edition. Exhaust is definitely louder.

I'm expecting after a few thousand miles I'll get the firecracker overrun like I did on my old one, none of that yet. No farts on up shift, instead there's a far more gurgly thud which sounds a million times better from both outside and inside.
How do you unplug the soundaktor?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Jonno02

Apr 8, 2015
How do you unplug the soundaktor?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Scratch that! Took the car onto a very smooth bit of road, back windows down and the pops at 3k overrun are far meatier than my old 290. The exhaust on the Copra sounds so much better. All the worry is unwarranted.

To get the soundaktor out, open the bonet and there's a piece of rectangular foam on the left. Pull that up (it's just pop clip fittings) and under it you'll see a black pop clip fitting. Pull that out with plyers and you can then Jimmy up the black plastic it was holding down, soundaktor is right below that. It'll have a grey release tab on it, just pull that apart. Push all the foam back into place and done. Doesn't take more than a minute all in all.

Skyscraper120

Feb 13, 2019
Scratch that! Took the car onto a very smooth bit of road, back windows down and the pops at 3k overrun are far meatier than my old 290. The exhaust on the Copra sounds so much better. All the worry is unwarranted.

I will assume this on the MY19 Model (copper badges) :D?

bgb

Jan 22, 2019

To get the soundaktor out, open the bonet and there's a piece of rectangular foam on the left. Pull that up (it's just pop clip fittings) and under it you'll see a black pop clip fitting. Pull that out with plyers and you can then Jimmy up the black plastic it was holding down, soundaktor is right below that. It'll have a grey release tab on it, just pull that apart. Push all the foam back into place and done. Doesn't take more than a minute all in all.

Fantastic news!!! (The exhaust that is)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Hickery1995

malhire

Nov 26, 2018
Blyth, Northumberland
Still haven’t had my Cupra delivered, it’s been in the country since the 4th Feb but hasn’t even arrived at the dealership yet. No idea what going on. Been told they are hoping it comes in on Monday but not holding my breath.

I’m currently carless, so it’s been a nightmare getting to and from work.

Mine was BW3.

rapidross

Aug 13, 2018
Anyone know what tyre comes as standard currently?
Most people have conti sport contact 5p,not great tyres.the factory can change from week to week though with some of the older models getting bridgestones or pirelli's. Mine was delivered Oct with conti 5ps

adamsupergeek

Dec 11, 2018
Ordered my cupra 290 in magnetic grey on the 12th January, dealer has confirmed today it is in the factory this week. Still due to take delivery the end of March. Big upgrade from my current leon fr 184 diesel.
I ordered mine in December and it has been delayed till May, so I wouldn’t get your hopes up!!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.