Dash cameras

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019
Does anyone have a recommendation for a dash cam and has anyone hard wired it in their new Ibiza mk6?

Barrington2k

Jan 26, 2019
Does anyone have a recommendation for a dash cam and has anyone hard wired it in their new Ibiza mk6?

I have a nextbase 412 on the rear and a 512 on the front

The 412 is actually far superior in picture quality though compared to the more extensive 512.
I'd rather have 2 412's

Neither hard wired

Jonathan Bassett

Oct 18, 2018
I was going to get the dealer to hardwire a front and rear, think they mentioned £205 all in? Unsure whether that’s a competitive price though.
I think nextbase or blackvue are the way to go.

Barrington2k

Jan 26, 2019
I was going to get the dealer to hardwire a front and rear, think they mentioned £205 all in? Unsure whether that’s a competitive price though.
I think nextbase or blackvue are the way to go.

That's absolutely ridiculous. I bought a USB splitter and as long as you run the cables smartly you won't ever see them again.

Mine are extremely well hidden.

The cameras turn on off with the car
Don't leave the cameras themselves in when not driving, they have a quick release.

£5 USB splitter Vs £205 hard wired. No contest for me personally

Dumpling

Jan 27, 2019
I have used a Nextbase 412G Professional in my Skodas for over 3 years now (not hardwired) and am very pleased with the recordings. When my Ibiza comes I'm planning to transfer the 412G Professional to it and hardwire it myself. Nextbase do a hardwire kit. For my Skoda Superb I'm planning to buy Nextbase front & rear dash cams and again hardwire them myself using another Nextbase kit.

Jonny Brewer

Dec 4, 2018
I have a Blackvue DR750s system which is front and rear hardwired into my xcellence lux. I also have a 4G WiFi hotspot hardwired to give the cameras WiFi so you can log on and view live from your phone. 100% recommend.

CallumFR

Jul 9, 2018
I have the nextbase 512 (I think it’s that one) and the 512 rear camera too. (The only rear camera that’s compatible with my 512). Only negative I have is that the picture quality of the front camera goes down when plugging in the rear camera. I have tried to hide them as best as possible. Where are all yours hidden in your 6Fs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jonny Brewer

Dec 4, 2018
The cables for my blackvue go up into the headliner and are hardwired, I also have a backup battery under passenger seat which keeps the camera and 4G hotspot running 24/7 even when ignition is off, this is charged back up when engine is running so the cameras are recording 24/7

Attachments

• 7BE841EF-9E16-4925-96C7-35D7D05D1ECB.jpeg
    7BE841EF-9E16-4925-96C7-35D7D05D1ECB.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 127

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019
The cables for my blackvue go up into the headliner and are hardwired, I also have a backup battery under passenger seat which keeps the camera and 4G hotspot running 24/7 even when ignition is off, this is charged back up when engine is running so the cameras are recording 24/7
Did you fit it yourself or get a company do it for you?

IL Cattivo

Apr 12, 2019
Oxford
I have a Blackvue DR750s system which is front and rear hardwired into my xcellence lux. I also have a 4G WiFi hotspot hardwired to give the cameras WiFi so you can log on and view live from your phone. 100% recommend.

Jonny, Quick couple of questions about the Blackvue DR750's.. As I am seriously contemplating getting the dual Camera's fitted to my Leon FR...

Is your rear camera fitted right at the top of the screen or down the bottom (Which is best so not to obstruct viewing out the rear), and does the middle break light interfere with the picture quality at all when breaking? I am also assuming you've had no problems with it being dislodged or falling off when opening and closing the boot?

Thanks.

Jonny Brewer

Dec 4, 2018
Jonny, Quick couple of questions about the Blackvue DR750's.. As I am seriously contemplating getting the dual Camera's fitted to my Leon FR...

Is your rear camera fitted right at the top of the screen or down the bottom (Which is best so not to obstruct viewing out the rear), and does the middle break light interfere with the picture quality at all when breaking? I am also assuming you've had no problems with it being dislodged or falling off when opening and closing the boot?

Thanks.
Sorry about the late reply. I've now upgraded to the Blackvue 950 system which support 4K video. My rear camera is mounted at the bottom and there is no obstruction to the brake light. and I've had no issues with it falling off when opening/closing the boot.

IL Cattivo

Apr 12, 2019
Oxford
Sorry about the late reply. I've now upgraded to the Blackvue 950 system which support 4K video. My rear camera is mounted at the bottom and there is no obstruction to the brake light. and I've had no issues with it falling off when opening/closing the boot.

Hey, Thanks for taking the time to reply Jonny.

I have in fact gone for a dfferent dash cam in the end that doesn't require a seperate rear camera mount..

VanTrue N2 Pro

Appears to have very solid reviews... Just waiting on delivery now and to get it installed.

Cheers

Steven Rowan

Mar 16, 2020
I have the Nextbase 522GW, with an optional plug-in rear-facing camera. It has Alexa enabled, and there is the option of being able to directly email the video files of any crash that you are directly involved in to your insurance company. The firmware updates over the air, as it also has wifi capability, so your phone (which pairs to the cam via the Nextbase app) acts as the go-between, checking that your cam has the latest firmware update. Cost (minus installation) is around £150.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.