Gas bonnet strut kit for the mk3

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Morning all,

Just put a post on the mk2 section about a company I got a strut kit from in Russia (not easy to get a kit for the MK2) and noticed they also do a kit for the MK3.

Now in my kit was everything I needed and all you have to do is unscrew some bolts and add in some strut arms so no welding or cutting etc.

IMG_20190118_171225-2320x1305.jpg

Took about 5 minutes per arm to fit. Easy!

The kit I got was £50 but he's willing (as we're a forum) to sell for £38 delivered from Russia which is good going I thought. Is this something you guys would be after as I'm not sure if everyone's done this mod already or if some come with it...

Reply if you fancy it and I'll get some details for the MK2 and and MK3.

IMG_20190120_130256-1305x2320.jpg

IMG_20190120_130315-1305x2320.jpg

IMG_20190120_130305-1305x2320.jpg

Cheers

Deano j1971

Jan 5, 2018
@Jimbobcook......got mine from the same Russian guy. Paid £50 odd quid all in but mine came with the two dog leg metal brackets which were small,obviously because your bonnet is a different design. I dont think I would pay the £80 odd pound he is asking for them now

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
@Jimbobcook......got mine from the same Russian guy. Paid £50 odd quid all in but mine came with the two dog leg metal brackets which were small,obviously because your bonnet is a different design. I dont think I would pay the £80 odd pound he is asking for them now

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yeah it's a bit much hence why I asked about a forum deal... I think £38 is a bargain for what I got. And yes I didn't think about the bonnet shapes haha so was yours still easy to fit and works well?

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
That looks great. Easy install too. Yes for £38 all in, I'd be interested if you could post some details that'll be great. Thanks.
Mines a mk3 2014.
Im just checking as I think he wanted a minimum of 5 orders to start with from here to get things moving but it shouldn't take long... I've got one on the mk2 section already. When it's all good I'll get some details.

Cheers

Deano j1971

Jan 5, 2018
Yeah it's a bit much hence why I asked about a forum deal... I think £38 is a bargain for what I got. And yes I didn't think about the bonnet shapes haha so was yours still easy to fit and works well?
Very easy to install, to be honest with a hot cuppa it took about 10mins that's including a couple of photos too.
17f943bb53d4ecb3fc951b73fb2c69e2.jpg

Sent from my COR-L29 using Tapatalk
9e0880b0ebffea1dcff15be320992c8a.jpg

Charliessmith

Jun 16, 2017
Hi I am definitely interested for £38 I've got a cupra 290 mk3 2016.
Is there any warranty or returns if they don't work.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Very easy to install, to be honest with a hot cuppa it took about 10mins that's including a couple of photos too.

What's it like with the 2 struts Vs just 1? Or did you just stick both on from the offset?

Kempo

2015 Leon 1.4 FR EcoTSI
Dec 30, 2017
I’d be interested too, Mk3 2015 FR.
Will look out for your details.

admac21

Aug 30, 2018
For £38 I'm defintely interested so I'll put my name down. 2019 Mk3 FR Sport

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
I can only ask, if something is faulty I assume they would just send out that part.
That was not the experience I had with said seller - several parts were missing from my package, including one bracket, which meant it was unusable.
I started to contact the seller and he basically told me to go and claim from my post office and ignored me. I went back to eBay and they reverted the deal and gave me the money back.... at which point he suddenly became more interested in sending me the missing parts... if I repaid him fully first.
I told him my trust on him was low and that he should send me the missing parts and THEN I would send him the full money (only the missing bracket would be critical and since I had both struts, it would not be such a big cost or loss for him to send).
He promised and dragged me for months until I totally gave up on it.
So.... great you guys had great experiences with this seller - I didn't.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
That was not the experience I had with said seller - several parts were missing from my package, including one bracket, which meant it was unusable.
I started to contact the seller and he basically told me to go and claim from my post office and ignored me. I went back to eBay and they reverted the deal and gave me the money back.... at which point he suddenly became more interested in sending me the missing parts... if I repaid him fully first.
I told him my trust on him was low and that he should send me the missing parts and THEN I would send him the full money (only the missing bracket would be critical and since I had both struts, it would not be such a big cost or loss for him to send).
He promised and dragged me for months until I totally gave up on it.
So.... great you guys had great experiences with this seller - I didn't.
That sucks...

Thankfully ebay exists so getting cash back etc is alot easier these days.

I will say that they use a reseller on ebay and not direct from the seller which this will be.

As always its only as good as the service you get... I'm not getting anything from this deal so if people don't want to go forward it's no bother lol ill get some details and let people decide.

Ta for your experience

Polly

Jan 16, 2019
Mine came with damaged and chewed up washers. [they were special 5 mm thick one used as spacers]
I asked about them and of course he will supply them free.

However wanted $6 to post them to me!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise