Flash red touch up on Emocion red

Rif

Jan 22, 2019
Hi guys looking for some advice. As the title suggests I have a couple of small chips and small scratch I want to touch up on my emocion red Leon FR. Will the colour difference be notable if I use a flash red touch up ?

Cheers

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Hi guys looking for some advice. As the title suggests I have a couple of small chips and small scratch I want to touch up on my emocion red Leon FR. Will the colour difference be notable if I use a flash red touch up ?

Cheers
Personally after using Speed blue touch up stick on my speed blue car I can still tell (quite ocd) so one would assume that with a different shade of red it would be more noticeable... I guess it depends on how ocd you are...

I assume being different paint codes (LP3G is flash red and LS3H is emocion red I think) it will be off...

Also I would never use the brush you get with touch up paints either they hold too much paint and are too wide lol.

Not very helpful I know lol

Rif

Jan 22, 2019
Personally after using Speed blue touch up stick on my speed blue car I can still tell (quite ocd) so one would assume that with a different shade of red it would be more noticeable... I guess it depends on how ocd you are...

I assume being different paint codes (LP3G is flash red and LS3H is emocion red I think) it will be off...

Also I would never use the brush you get with touch up paints either they hold too much paint and are too wide lol.

Not very helpful I know lol

You're probably right I'm pretty OCD especially as this is the newest car I've owned lol.

The reason I'm asking is that halfords only do the flash red and although its halfords i've found that the brush in their touch up pen is really fine and perfect for small touch ups. As you mentioned the brushed i've seem from elsewhere are ridiculous, lift a nail varnish brush...

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
You're probably right I'm pretty OCD especially as this is the newest car I've owned lol.

The reason I'm asking is that halfords only do the flash red and although its halfords i've found that the brush in their touch up pen is really fine and perfect for small touch ups. As you mentioned the brushed i've seem from elsewhere are ridiculous, lift a nail varnish brush...
Have you searched ebay for the paint code? Also will you be putting lacquer over the top or just the paint?

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I have just sent for one of these for doing touch ups, the chipex applicators are good too, but hoping this "Pen" takes it up a notch.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...DF47B78E45A99BE34267DF47B78E45A99BE&FORM=VIRE
That's a good shout! Looks like it will work a treat although be careful not to leave a big blob lol I may even get one if it works well after you use it. My 8 year old speed blue has a few holes... The only issue I see is unless there is a cap for the top whe in you do a chip on the bumper it will all spill out lol

Subc

May 12, 2008
Scotland
Yes may be awesome, if u see it in the for sale section you will know its pants LOL. Pro Detailers are right into them, can see the pros to especially when doing a few chips as when you "Load" up the paint their is usually a blob on the first chip.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Yes may be awesome, if u see it in the for sale section you will know its pants LOL. Pro Detailers are right into them, can see the pros to especially when doing a few chips as when you "Load" up the paint their is usually a blob on the first chip.
Where did you get yours from? I'm interested already without waiting haha

Subc

May 12, 2008
Scotland
If you paste this into the Bay of E it will come up.

Loew-Cornell Fine Line Painting Pen: Hobby Artist Drawing Metal Art Car Detailer

Rif

Jan 22, 2019
Have you searched ebay for the paint code? Also will you be putting lacquer over the top or just the paint?

yes found a few sellers selling the touch up for the correct paint code but all come in the nail varnish bottles with the silly brush. I have bought one before for another car and the paint was like water I had to add my own paint to it to get a workable consistency and get a better colour match. Waste of money.

Another option is buying the smallest quantity from a car paints shop and a very thin artist brush but will be left with a pot of paint afterwards.

Regards to lacquer I was thinking about touching some over the scratch then flatting and polishing it out depending if I feel its needed. I've already compounded out most of the scratch to be honest so I might not need to, Stone chips are so small I'm thinking t just go the the halfords flash red with its ultra thin application brush

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Just as an update ( and in case anyone is interested) I found a seller here in the UK (ebay shop) who sends out the colour in the same kind of touch up bottle with mixing peas and thin brush as Halfords supply:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191567250746
Good find! I may get one and see if it beats my current one before I try and do the ones on the bonnet.

I was intrigued with the tool suggested by @Subc which arrived yesterday

Cheers

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I have just sent for one of these for doing touch ups, the chipex applicators are good too, but hoping this "Pen" takes it up a notch.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...DF47B78E45A99BE34267DF47B78E45A99BE&FORM=VIRE
OK so I tried doing some stone chip repair today with this loew cornell nib thing... Great results and very easy to apply paint to your liking.

Before
IMG_20190225_150804-2320x1305.jpg

After
IMG_20190225_151903-2320x1305.jpg

Using this thing
PhotoPictureResizer_190225_152054297_crop_522x522.jpg

PhotoPictureResizer_190225_151958137-1305x2320.jpg

Cheers for the link. Just be slow and steady.

Rif

Jan 22, 2019
Good job! My pen with thin brush thing has arrived so I'll have a go at the weekend if I get a chance and post results.

Reactions: Jimbobcook

Subc

May 12, 2008
Scotland
Great work, should have bought a box and sold them lol. Remember to keep it clean after use. Great to share knowledge :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise