MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Keagz

Dec 16, 2018
So I was told by Gateway 2 Lease today that my vehicle is still due for 11/03/2018 and that my vehicle is not in the UK yet! However after checking on the SLI with Seat they have advised the vehicle is in fact in the UK and will be with the dealer in 5-7 working days.

Anyone else had this before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
So I was told by Gateway 2 Lease today that my vehicle is still due for 11/03/2018 and that my vehicle is not in the UK yet! However after checking on the SLI with Seat they have advised the vehicle is in fact in the UK and will be with the dealer in 5-7 working days.

Sounds like I just posted above. They'll have you sign the paperwork and hold onto the car till your 14 day cooling off period is over.

zedlor

Aug 24, 2017
Warrington

Gateway2Lease only check with the dealer and they may be providing outdated information.

Seat UK are usually the ones who are correct...

Reactions: Keagz

olaf

Dodo Lover!!
Aug 19, 2006
Ipswich
Can't I sign it in person when I pick it up or get it delivered or does it not work like that

Pretty sure they'll want it signed before that.
The 14 day cooling off period is a legal thing with contracts of that type.

Depends who you're getting your car through and what the finance arrangement is mind you.

zedlor

Aug 24, 2017
Warrington
Pretty sure they'll want it signed before that.
The 14 day cooling off period is a legal thing with contracts of that type.

Depends who you're getting your car through and what the finance arrangement is mind you.
I'm sure that was only because of those who had originally ordered the 300, and with it changing to a 290 and other spec changes everyone had to re-sign the agreements and wait for the cool off period.

If I remember rightly, it was mostly those who went through LeasePlan as they weren't given the details as quickly as VWFS were...

servicepoint

Jan 30, 2016
I’ve not received my paperwork for signing and had hoped to collect or get delivered on the 4th March. Nationwide have assigned a reg number though.
The How does this 14day cooling off period work, sign the papers and then wait 14days before you get the car?

Brooster89

Oct 13, 2018
I’ve not received my paperwork for signing and had hoped to collect or get delivered on the 4th March. Nationwide have assigned a reg number though.
The How does this 14day cooling off period work, sign the papers and then wait 14days before you get the car?
I used Nationwide and didn't have any 14 day cooling-off period. As said above, it was only for certain cars/dealers/agents.

Reactions: servicepoint

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
Only certain leasing agents do this so that you can't take the car away then change your mind. Which ones it is I'm not sure but plenty of folk have mentioned they've had to wait the 14 days.

If you go through a seat dealer you sign on collection day and drive away.

olaf

Dodo Lover!!
Aug 19, 2006
Ipswich
The 14 day cooling off period is part of the Distance Selling Regs. So if you've done it online or over the phone, and not in person, once you've signed the paperwork there will be a cooling off period.

Mcdoodlz

Mar 21, 2018
Derbyshire
The 14 day cooling off period is part of the Distance Selling Regs. So if you've done it online or over the phone, and not in person, once you've signed the paperwork there will be a cooling off period.

Well I signed a load of lease agreements last week is that the documents?

olaf

Dodo Lover!!
Aug 19, 2006
Ipswich
That will, I imagine, be the one.

I signed mine in January. I've got a 5th March delivery. Order from June last year.

Also with Nationwide.

So you've already signed the paperwork by the sounds of it.

Juro

Dec 5, 2018
That will, I imagine, be the one.

I signed mine in January. I've got a 5th March delivery. Order from June last year.

Also with Nationwide.

So you've already signed the paperwork by the sounds of it.

I signed all mine with Nationwide when I ordered in December. I seem to remember them saying I had 14 days to cancel after I signed them.

Reactions: olaf

Neil Francis

Jan 28, 2019
Cambridgeshire
Mine was due 18th feb but now pushed back a week with gateway2lease. I’ve told the dealership not to register until March so I get the new plate so hopefully pick up first week of March and the GTI golf goes back. I’ll be interested to see how they compare.

Rob5113

Feb 7, 2019
So, latest update from the lease company is the vehicle will be in stock w/c 25th Feb and they estimate delivery will be 3-5 working days after that. I placed the order in November and am now trying to sort out the logistics of getting my existing vehicle inspected and returned.

Question for anyone who has dealt with VWFS before......I have my my existing Skoda VRS through them on a 2 year PCH. It is showing that a fixed service is due on the 5th March but I’m hoping to return it on the 1st March. Will it be an issue if it’s showing on the display that a service will be required in 4 days ? I’m hoping not as I really don’t want to fork out £200 quid for a service on a car that I won’t be using anymore !

Neil Francis

Jan 28, 2019
Cambridgeshire
So, latest update from the lease company is the vehicle will be in stock w/c 25th Feb and they estimate delivery will be 3-5 working days after that. I placed the order in November and am now trying to sort out the logistics of getting my existing vehicle inspected and returned.

Question for anyone who has dealt with VWFS before......I have my my existing Skoda VRS through them on a 2 year PCH. It is showing that a fixed service is due on the 5th March but I’m hoping to return it on the 1st March. Will it be an issue if it’s showing on the display that a service will be required in 4 days ? I’m hoping not as I really don’t want to fork out £200 quid for a service on a car that I won’t be using anymore !
I’d be interested in this as my car is due back soon and it’s showing 1200 miles until service but will be returned when it’s showing 200-300 until service, will they sting me for a service? Let me off as it’s not due or should I get it done as my wife works in group?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.