Air Conditioning Condensor Protection

Rooster

Oct 27, 2018
Yorkshire
I had the unfortunate experience of air con failure last summer on both the Leon and Ibiza due to impact by road debris etc. The holes in the lower grille's seemed to offer little protection against this, so i fitted some additional mesh to the inside of the grille's. There was no effect on coolant or oil temperature right through summer, including a very hot trip down to Italy. The mesh and cable ties were only a few quid so lets hope it offers a bit more protection! I have been looking at other car makes now (sad) and am shocked by the size of some of the grille holes, my next door neighbours Mercedes GLA has holes that big i swear a cat could crawl in! The only downside I've found up to now is it seems to collect bits of straw and leaves which need picking out.
IMG_1247.JPG
IMG_1248.JPG

Reactions: Lozzy15 and Legojon

Rooster

Oct 27, 2018
Yorkshire
Hi, no i didn't take the bumper off. I cut the mesh to size, rolled it up lengthwise and fed it through the grille from the outside, then grabbed it with a couple of those workshop grabber tools, pulled it back against the grille and secured it with cable ties. After i cut the ends of the cable ties off i just rotated them so it looked a bit neater. It was fiddly and took about half an hour while i listened to popmaster with Ken Bruce!

Reactions: Legojon and Lozzy15
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.