MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Juro

Dec 5, 2018
I’d be interested in this as my car is due back soon and it’s showing 1200 miles until service but will be returned when it’s showing 200-300 until service, will they sting me for a service? Let me off as it’s not due or should I get it done as my wife works in group?

My inspection service indicator came on on my VRS and said it needs to be done in 30 days. It had an oil service about 6 months ago, so I really do not want to pay for another service before it goes back in April. I have just reset the light and I'll take my chances

malhire

Nov 26, 2018
Blyth, Northumberland
So, latest update from the lease company is the vehicle will be in stock w/c 25th Feb and they estimate delivery will be 3-5 working days after that. I placed the order in November and am now trying to sort out the logistics of getting my existing vehicle inspected and returned.

Question for anyone who has dealt with VWFS before......I have my my existing Skoda VRS through them on a 2 year PCH. It is showing that a fixed service is due on the 5th March but I’m hoping to return it on the 1st March. Will it be an issue if it’s showing on the display that a service will be required in 4 days ? I’m hoping not as I really don’t want to fork out £200 quid for a service on a car that I won’t be using anymore !

I had a Golf GTD go back recently where I was faced with the same situation as you. I just made sure the car went back before the service was due and I looked on YouTube to see how to reset the service warning. Inspection came and nothing was mentioned and no bill from VWFS for the service. Although I did have a nice bill for a ding in the door and 2 curbed wheels, surprisingly curbed wheels only cost £25 each to repair, which was a bonus considering I was quoted £80 each from an independent place.

Also something to note is mileage, they have a 500 mile buffer for any miles over your agreed total. I was 430 over so expected a charge but nothing. Asked a friend that works for VW and they told me about the buffer.

Reactions: RZ46

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
I signed all mine with Nationwide when I ordered in December. I seem to remember them saying I had 14 days to cancel after I signed them.

Finance documents for the finance provider (not broker) are created on receipt of a VIN or car identifier (could even be the reg), so i would guess until the car is built, you signed the brokers original search and affordability docs or alike.

Juro

Dec 5, 2018
Finance documents for the finance provider (not broker) are created on receipt of a VIN or car identifier (could even be the reg), so i would guess until the car is built, you signed the brokers original search and affordability docs or alike.
I signed the lease documents from Arval direct.

sdrfish

Jul 11, 2018
I had a Golf GTD go back recently where I was faced with the same situation as you. I just made sure the car went back before the service was due and I looked on YouTube to see how to reset the service warning. Inspection came and nothing was mentioned and no bill from VWFS for the service. Although I did have a nice bill for a ding in the door and 2 curbed wheels, surprisingly curbed wheels only cost £25 each to repair, which was a bonus considering I was quoted £80 each from an independent place.

Also something to note is mileage, they have a 500 mile buffer for any miles over your agreed total. I was 430 over so expected a charge but nothing. Asked a friend that works for VW and they told me about the buffer.

My Gtd is going back in a couple of weeks as well and that’s great news about the wheel costs. How big was the dent out of interest as I have a small one on a door but the paint is not broken and what was the charge for it?

malhire

Nov 26, 2018
Blyth, Northumberland
My Gtd is going back in a couple of weeks as well and that’s great news about the wheel costs. How big was the dent out of interest as I have a small one on a door but the paint is not broken and what was the charge for it?

Paint was broken on mine, it was fairly small dent maybe 0.5cm that I hadn't even noticed but cost £130 to repair. The inspector guy was spot on really as he showed me around all the imperfection that were within fair wear and tear and the only reason this one was not covered was because the paint was broken down to the metal.

Rustyb

Jan 1, 2019
I've got an order in with NVC for a Magnetic Grey Cupra ST. I ordered back in January and it's now due into the dealer on 1st March (was 15th).

NVC tell me that they will send the lease agreement out when the car arrives at the dealer and the car will be delivered after the 14 day cooling off period.

Rob5113

Feb 7, 2019
I’d be interested in this as my car is due back soon and it’s showing 1200 miles until service but will be returned when it’s showing 200-300 until service, will they sting me for a service? Let me off as it’s not due or should I get it done as my wife works in group?

I did read on another forum somewhere that even if the car is showing as due for a service in 1 days time and the vehicle is collected prior to that then you will not be liable for the service or any penalty payments ? I'm hoping that the is the case but wondered if anyone had a similar experience as a missed service is around the £400 mark with VWFS.

Rob5113

Feb 7, 2019

That's reassuring to know about the mileage !

If all goes according to plan the vehicle should be collected prior to the date that the service level indicator shows but just out of curiosity was your vehicle the same in that is shows 'inspection due in (however many) days' each time you start the ignition ?

Mcdoodlz

Mar 21, 2018
Derbyshire
Gone from 20/03 expected dealer arrival to 18/03. Was hoping to hear next week but not the case. Still looking good. It takes a bloody age to get to the dealer from factory doesn't it!

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
Gone from 20/03 expected dealer arrival to 18/03. Was hoping to hear next week but not the case. Still looking good. It takes a bloody age to get to the dealer from factory doesn't it!
2-3 weeks is pretty much non stop, train then boat with several stops then on a truck to the dealer. I was told the only hold up on the journey is them being passed through customs in the UK which delays them leaving the port on the trucks.

At the end of last year when we had all been waiting stupid times we were even tracking the boats online to see when we'd get them:roflmao:

Reactions: Brooster89

Mcdoodlz

Mar 21, 2018
Derbyshire
2-3 weeks is pretty much non stop, train then boat with several stops then on a truck to the dealer. I was told the only hold up on the journey is them being passed through customs in the UK which delays them leaving the port on the trucks.

At the end of last year when we had all been waiting stupid times we were even tracking the boats online to see when we'd get them:roflmao:

BW6 I was so arrival on 18/03 is 5 weeks, but honestly this time is going so damn slow.

Now the person buying my 2015 280 has decided he wants dsg instead of manual so if anyone is up for buying one come my way. Was doing it for £14,500 but will take 14k which I personally think is an absolute steal. If no one shows any interest it's going straight on webuyanycar when my new one comes. But they're reluctant to give more than £12,900 tight sods... I honestly don't have the time or energy to advertise it and sort viewings out for people to mess us about.

Back on topic if I knew how to track boats and stuff I deffo woulda done it when mine was being shipped over

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
BW6 I was so arrival on 18/03 is 5 weeks, but honestly this time is going so damn slow.

Now the person buying my 2015 280 has decided he wants dsg instead of manual so if anyone is up for buying one come my way. Was doing it for £14,500 but will take 14k which I personally think is an absolute steal. If no one shows any interest it's going straight on webuyanycar when my new one comes. But they're reluctant to give more than £12,900 tight sods... I honestly don't have the time or energy to advertise it and sort viewings out for people to mess us about.

Back on topic if I knew how to track boats and stuff I deffo woulda done it when mine was being shipped over
Yeah they've told you that date (extra 2 weeks) so when you've signed the documents they'll keep the car till your 14 day cooling off period is over.

I sold my previous FR to Arnold Clark and was quite happy with what they offered and was a doddle to do.

Mcdoodlz

Mar 21, 2018
Derbyshire
Yeah they've told you that date (extra 2 weeks) so when you've signed the documents they'll keep the car till your 14 day cooling off period is over.

I sold my previous FR to Arnold Clark and was quite happy with what they offered and was a doddle to do.

It all makes sense now bastards. Wonder if I could drive up to Manchester and sign the documents in person

I shall look at arnald Clark. At the moment webuyanycar offered 12.9k Evans halshaw 13.2k i just don't get it cos they will sell it for 16-17k just because of a 6 month warranty that covers next to nothing.

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
It all makes sense now bastards. Wonder if I could drive up to Manchester and sign the documents in person

I shall look at arnald Clark. At the moment webuyanycar offered 12.9k Evans halshaw 13.2k i just don't get it cos they will sell it for 16-17k just because of a 6 month warranty that covers next to nothing.
What Arnold Clark gave me they put my car straight on the website with £2k on top of it which was fair I reckon.

twenny

engine geek !!!
Oct 9, 2008
East Yorkshire
@Mcdoodlz , don’t know if it helps you at all but my mystery blue copra was also BW6.
I’ve had it confirmed from seat customer relations today it’s on the Pegasus ace as we speak , funnily enough I’ve been tracking it since it left Barcelona on Saturday.sad I know lol.
It’s Due to dock at Grimsby on Saturday according to seat. But it’s on it’s way to sheerness first.

Current position
https://www.vesselfinder.com/vessels/PEGASUS-ACE-IMO-9150341-MMSI-431339000
Hope this helps mate.

Mcdoodlz

Mar 21, 2018
Derbyshire
@Mcdoodlz , don’t know if it helps you at all but my mystery blue copra was also BW6.
I’ve had it confirmed from seat customer relations today it’s on the Pegasus ace as we speak , funnily enough I’ve been tracking it since it left Barcelona on Saturday.sad I know lol.
It’s Due to dock at Grimsby on Saturday according to seat. But it’s on it’s way to sheerness first.

Current position
https://www.vesselfinder.com/vessels/PEGASUS-ACE-IMO-9150341-MMSI-431339000
Hope this helps mate.

Mine could be on the same boat then. Thanks for that I'll follow it and hope it doesn't sink or go missing

st.tony

Dec 9, 2014

I presume yours is low mileage, ive got the same but DSG, they offered far less than that. the words piss off sprang to mind :clap:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.