Where to place axel stands on Cupra 300?

Pedrocks

Feb 2, 2018
Hi all,

I've got my new maxton design splitter (pics to come) and need to fit it on my Cupra 300.

However after using the car jack today on the front car jack points, I can't see where I should place the axel stands to rest the car on. If i use the car supplied jack, there is not enough room on the jack slit to get the axel stand on at the same time. I don't really want to purchase a trolley jack if possible and was wondering if someone could share with me where i should place them?

I've seen some old threads but not found any definitive answer on this.

appreciate any help on this.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Anything bulky, metal and solid pref with a massive suspension bolt nearby:
zNJKvGa.jpg

Reactions: kazand and Pedrocks

cupra14

Aug 31, 2017
England
I'd buy a decent trolley jack rather than rely on the horrid thing which is included with a typical car (barely fit for an emergency).

Reactions: Yellow fr

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
Anything bulky, metal and solid pref with a massive suspension bolt nearby:
zNJKvGa.jpg

Interestingly I won’t use those points as it’s only alloy and I don’t trust it not to deform.... there are a couple of other locations you can use though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
I'd buy a decent trolley jack rather than rely on the horrid thing which is included with a typical car (barely fit for an emergency).

I agree, used mine for the first time recently when I got a flat and was terrified the whole time, just feels very unstable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EFF11

Jun 16, 2016
Here's an interesting bodge, but probably not high enough for your job.

cupra14

Aug 31, 2017
England
Thanks for that - I now plan to make something like those to put in the boot in case of a puncture. I'll stick to trolley jack + axle stands for normal use. BTW I never work under a car without multiple supports (3 or more from choice).

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Hi all,

I've got my new maxton design splitter (pics to come) and need to fit it on my Cupra 300.

However after using the car jack today on the front car jack points, I can't see where I should place the axel stands to rest the car on. If i use the car supplied jack, there is not enough room on the jack slit to get the axel stand on at the same time. I don't really want to purchase a trolley jack if possible and was wondering if someone could share with me where i should place them?

I've seen some old threads but not found any definitive answer on this.

appreciate any help on this.
Take a look at this it may help.
https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/getting-a-mk3-in-the-air.445439/

LouG

Dec 1, 2017
Nelson, New Zealand
Thanks for that - I now plan to make something like those to put in the boot in case of a puncture. I'll stick to trolley jack + axle stands for normal use. BTW I never work under a car without multiple supports (3 or more from choice).
Yes, never get under a car supported by just a jack. Unless it has a mechanical locking system, which is rare.
Deaths from being crushed under cars are quite common here.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.