2006 170 TDI fr... N75

Paul Smith

Sep 10, 2018
Does this run 2 n75 valves and what is there purpose and locations please?

Thank you

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
No just the one... It regulates the vacuum supplied to the turbo vane actuator.

If you're having vane problems it's usually the N75 or the actuator its self. Sometimes it's the vanes sticking but that only tends to be found on high mileage engines.

Paul Smith

Sep 10, 2018
How do the 2 egr pressure valve solenoids work as I think the person I questioned about an n75 valve that thought I had two must have been confused by these other valves.

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
You've got a BMN PD170 right?

Sounds like N345 which actuates the bypass valve for the EGR cooler and the N316 which adjusts the inlet manifold flaps.

https://jazdw.net/sites/default/fil...125_kW-TDI_Engine_with_4-valve_technology.pdf

Have a look at this. It's got a basic description of what all the various parts of the engine do. Should be helpful to get your head around what stuff does on the engine.

It's not the Seat specific version but I don't believe they make any changes to it as installed in the Leon from the VW configuration.

Paul Smith

Sep 10, 2018
I have my new valve so let's see if it makes a difference. I got a boost pressure sensor to just in case. 1 minute it seems to pull okish the next I think it hardly has enough go to pass a push bike.

Paul Smith

Sep 10, 2018
Done the Mr muscle clean today and changed the boost pressure sensor at the same time. Quite easy all round really. Quick outing felt ok ish but tomorrow will really tell.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.