Seat Leon Mk1 TDI 110 Power Increase Help

SeatLeon5548

Dec 21, 2017
Hi i have got a Mk1 TDI 110 Leon standard and i am looking to get it to 200bhp+, money is not a problem.

I have got someone sorted to remap it but i want to have all the parts installed so the remap will suit the upgraded parts.

Is it possible for a Mk1 110 turbo to be upgraded to a 150 turbo

Anyone know what parts i need and where i should go about to get the parts. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
150 turbo bolts straight on, you can clock the outlet to suit too.
Could fit the intake and boost pipes, intercooler too and air intake and maf.

You'll obviously need bigger injector nozzles but not sure what size off hand.
United diesel and dark side developments used to do nozzles.

Tdiclub is quite good for info too cause there's a lot of threads on tuning the ALH which is just the 90bhp version of yours.

Reactions: SeatLeon5548

SeatLeon5548

Dec 21, 2017

Tdiclub is quite good for info too cause there's a lot of threads on tuning the ALH which is just the 90bhp version of yours.

I had a look earlier on dark side developments as far as nossles goes there very expensive if i can find nothing else they might have to do.ill have a look on united diesels and tdiclub. Thank you for taking the time to help Seatmann.

SeatLeon5548

Dec 21, 2017

I had a look through both sites and i have a couple of questions, u mentioned the intake and boost pipes, i dont know what they are, is the intake the air intake?

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
Have you asked Darkside what the stock injectors are good to? On the PD140 engine they are good to around 235bhp, so adding around 100bhp on stock. They may be similar and actually be able to get you close to your target.

Asking doesn’t cost you anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
I had a look through both sites and i have a couple of questions, u mentioned the intake and boost pipes, i dont know what they are, is the intake the air intake?

The injectors are pricey but they're the biggest part of your power increase, you want decent quality properly fitted for the best results. Your stock are good for maybe 145/150 tops. I was £300 for a set of nozzles fitted and set up ready to fit, went with bosio PP764 but they're not big enough for 200bhp. Got to about 170/175 or so in my old golf wagon. Started as a 90bhp

Air intake, air box and pipe work to the turbo. Then the boost pipe set up, The PD150 has a front mount intercooler as standard so it could be an easy solution, I think with the stock intercooler you'll get to much heatsoak to soon, that's where the IC can cool the intake air down fast enough.

Other option is a kit off darkside.

chriswales6

Mar 2, 2016
1st post - I want to double the power of my car and I don't care how much it costs
2nd post - That's very expensive

Apparently the TDI 110 responds well to a stage 1 remap and that costs almost nothing these days. I'm still considering doing it to mine, maybe after the MOT on the weekend if I don't get any bad news.

Going above a stage 1 remap gets more and more expensive: injectors, turbo and intercooler. Plus don't forget a new clutch and I'd also recommend a brake upgrade as well.

You maybe better off selling it and buying a PD130 or PD150 Mk1 and remap that.

Zardoz

Sep 6, 2016
North West
:D
That's where I'm at - 110 to 144, everything standard apart from ride height and cosmetics. Took the plunge after I'd shelled out for new clutch / DM flywheel so I knew the increased power would be handled... although I think my dog bone is on the way out now (cheap enough).
More than happy with it.

Good luck with your MOT.

SeatLeon5548

Dec 21, 2017
1st post - I want to double the power of my car and I don't care how much it costs
2nd post - That's very expensive

Apparently the TDI 110 responds well to a stage 1 remap and that costs almost nothing these days. I'm still considering doing it to mine, maybe after the MOT on the weekend if I don't get any bad news.

Going above a stage 1 remap gets more and more expensive: injectors, turbo and intercooler. Plus don't forget a new clutch and I'd also recommend a brake upgrade as well.

You maybe better off selling it and buying a PD130 or PD150 Mk1 and remap that.
Only reason i said money isn't an issue is because i dont want people telling me why waste money on a 110 and not upgrade cars, i want to keep the car looking like a 110 and the insurance stays at 3 grand.

Im hoping to get a reeky map as well.

i found a 150 turbo refurbished for £250, intercooler £200, Stage 2 Clutch £300, brakes £80, cant find anything anything on injectors im going to ring darkside now.

SeatLeon5548

Dec 21, 2017
:D
That's where I'm at - 110 to 144, everything standard apart from ride height and cosmetics. Took the plunge after I'd shelled out for new clutch / DM flywheel so I knew the increased power would be handled... although I think my dog bone is on the way out now (cheap enough).
More than happy with it.

Good luck with your MOT.
i got 40mm springs havent them fitted yet, dont know if i want to incase it ruins the car, bought a set of 19s rs6s stupidly and sold them, put 15s on then changed to 16s and found them to be the best.

My dogbone broke when i was letting her out up a hill only £30 or so.

Zardoz

Sep 6, 2016
North West
Only reason i said money isn't an issue is because i dont want people telling me why waste money on a 110 and not upgrade cars, i want to keep the car looking like a 110 and the insurance stays at 3 grand.

Im hoping to get a reeky map as well.

i found a 150 turbo refurbished for £250, intercooler £200, Stage 2 Clutch £300, brakes £80, cant find anything anything on injectors im going to ring darkside

chriswales6

Mar 2, 2016
Yup, I was thinking exactly the same.

The TDI 110 isn't a slow car in standard form, certainly a lot quicker than the car owned when I was 20. You'll most likely get away with a remap but start making obvious physical changes and it will get noticed if the car is inspected.

My advice would be enjoy the car as it is, stay legal and hopefully build up your no claims discount.

BTW my 16 year old TDI 110 failed its MOT ... new ball joint to be fitted in a few days

Homer Simpson

May 12, 2014
Which is fraud and a criminal offence with the risk of a custodial sentence, significantly higher insurance premiums or becoming uninsurable.... not worth the risk in my view.

Exactly. I questioned it as initially the OP said money is no object but then said it needs to stay (on paper) as a 110. Too much of this goes on and I agree is wrong not to mention illegal. I am a member of a couple of SEAT Facebook groups and there the mentality it mainly the opposite. Members who try and talk some sense to the OP about the legality and potential problems it causes get flamed and almost ganged up on. same goes for aesthetics with US running lights etc (which do nothing for me at all!), people just don't care. I'm not bothered about small mods that won't kill anyone but things like heavily modified engines can/will.

Reactions: Sharpy

SlashProm

May 23, 2018
Can't he just install pd150 injectors? I thought they were a straight swap? And fair enough not declaring it is "insurance fraud" but as far as I knew the police don't have the equipment to see if you car has been mapped. But if we're being super squeaky clean. aftermarket wheels are also insurance fraud, but noone declares that tbf, same with lowering springs, window tints, shiny backboxes, the list goes on.