DTUK Advice please

cod_ed

May 23, 2017
UK
I have been looking to fit a DTUK or equivalent to my 184. A friend of a friend has a CRDt+ for sale at a really good price and I'm very tempted. The question I would like an answer to is will it work on my car without going back to DTUK as it's currently on a MK7 Golf GTD? When I chatted with a DTUK sales advisor last week they said it would need to be set up for my car at a cost of around £100. Is this just a sales ploy or will it actually have different maps/software on that won't work correctly on my 184?
Any help is much appreciated!

P.s. sorry if I'm a little skeptical of DTUK

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
I have been looking to fit a DTUK or equivalent to my 184. A friend of a friend has a CRDt+ for sale at a really good price and I'm very tempted. The question I would like an answer to is will it work on my car without going back to DTUK as it's currently on a MK7 Golf GTD? When I chatted with a DTUK sales advisor last week they said it would need to be set up for my car at a cost of around £100. Is this just a sales ploy or will it actually have different maps/software on that won't work correctly on my 184?
Any help is much appreciated!

This is the dilemma I've been thinking about. If I manage to got hold of a CRDt+ from a 184 Golf, Octavia, etc, at a good price, I'd pay the £100 for peace of mind that the firmware is 100% spot on (and up-to-date) for the Leon 184.

Craig Elliott

Dec 28, 2018
I would say it won’t work. I’ve used dtuk before and have a dtuk box for my Cupra. I’ve spoken to and read a few stories of people buying second hand boxes and having nothing but problems as they are engine specific. Most of their (very few) negative comments and reviews, are from people who have purchased second hand boxes.

cod_ed

May 23, 2017
UK
Thanks for the reply, I had a niggling doubt that it wouldn't be that straight forward!

cod_ed

May 23, 2017
UK
I do have a Bluespark CR Tech 2 from my van which I can get a new map/harness for £60 from Bluespark. That's my other option currently. The gains aren't as good and the system appears simpler but had no issues for past 18 months using it.

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
Does anyone know, for certain, if the DTUK loom ( 2 or 3 connections) that would be from a Leon MK3 2.0 TDi 150PS would fit the Leon 184? Wondering if the you could then get the box reprogrammed for the 184.