MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Lance Uppercut

Jul 3, 2014
Ordered my magnetic grey Cupra beginning of December through a Seat dealer, was told that it was built yesterday so just need to wait for it to be delivered now.

My current Leon FR was also sourced through Seat and is due to go back end of May, does anyone know whether Seat allow early termination of lease due to new car being ready for delivery or will I have to wait?

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
That’s a long wait. Most are quoted 12 weeks and some have had theirs arrive in 4-6 weeks
The order sheet says estimated delivery 24th May, but in the notes section it says “delivery and lead times are 22-24 weeks, car may come sooner, have to take it when it comes”

Dealer today told me to check back with them in 6-8weeks and they should have a build date by then.

superdon

Jan 30, 2017
Ordered my magnetic grey Cupra beginning of December through a Seat dealer, was told that it was built yesterday so just need to wait for it to be delivered now.

My current Leon FR was also sourced through Seat and is due to go back end of May, does anyone know whether Seat allow early termination of lease due to new car being ready for delivery or will I have to wait?

Presuming your FR is on lease through VWFS. You can send it back early but will have to pay around 50% of the remaining payments. VWFS have been good with this sometimes and might do a slightly better deal as you are getting another lease with VWFS.

superdon

Jan 30, 2017
The order sheet says estimated delivery 24th May, but in the notes section it says “delivery and lead times are 22-24 weeks, car may come sooner, have to take it when it comes”

Dealer today told me to check back with them in 6-8weeks and they should have a build date by then.

I'd be chasing in a week or two myself. They should have a decent idea by then I woulw imagine.

Reactions: Slickric21

Lance Uppercut

Jul 3, 2014
Presuming your FR is on lease through VWFS. You can send it back early but will have to pay around 50% of the remaining payments. VWFS have been good with this sometimes and might do a slightly better deal as you are getting another lease with VWFS.

Thanks, yeah both through VWFS. Will see what they say when the car lands at the dealer. I'm thinking about 4 weeks, does that sound about right?

superdon

Jan 30, 2017
Thanks, yeah both through VWFS. Will see what they say when the car lands at the dealer. I'm thinking about 4 weeks, does that sound about right?

If you want to send the existing car back about a month early, from my experience there's a good chance they will waive the usual 50% of outstanding rentals

Reactions: Lance Uppercut

malhire

Nov 26, 2018
Blyth, Northumberland
Cupra got delivered yesterday, it’s an absolute beast. Absolutely love the colour as well.

One little thing I discovered was that I don’t have to hold down the lock button for the mirrors to fold in. Just one press and the fold.

Attachments

• ECE55C5D-0118-46D9-8DAF-F32FB669F311.jpeg
    ECE55C5D-0118-46D9-8DAF-F32FB669F311.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 195
  • 5EADBB77-FB95-40AC-8D62-C2D523D00DDB.jpeg
    5EADBB77-FB95-40AC-8D62-C2D523D00DDB.jpeg
    1,000.9 KB · Views: 171

Neil Francis

Jan 28, 2019
Cambridgeshire
Cupra got delivered yesterday, it’s an absolute beast. Absolutely love the colour as well.

One little thing I discovered was that I don’t have to hold down the lock button for the mirrors to fold in. Just one press and the fold.

I've gone for the same colour, how you finding it after a weekend of enjoyment?

Keagz

Dec 16, 2018
Anyone using Gateway 2 Lease received notification of arrival at the dealership yet? I phoned Seat today using my SLI number and they advised the vehicle is still at the port...was hoping to get the vehicle on Friday 1st March...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryosaurus26

Oct 25, 2018
Anyone using Gateway 2 Lease received notification of arrival at the dealership yet? I phoned Seat today using my SLI number and they advised the vehicle is still at the port...was hoping to get the vehicle on Friday 1st March...

I’ve ordered through G2L. Mine arrived at the dealer (according to them) on Friday 22nd Feb, earliest delivery date is looking to be Friday 8th March

Keagz

Dec 16, 2018
I’ve ordered through G2L. Mine arrived at the dealer (according to them) on Friday 22nd Feb, earliest delivery date is looking to be Friday 8th March

I would not be happy with that...why is it taking so long to get to you? Did they provide a reason?

Ryosaurus26

Oct 25, 2018
I would not be happy with that...why is it taking so long to get to you? Did they provide a reason?

March and Sept will be the busiest periods of the year for dealers so I can only think it’s down to the amount of vehicles that need to get prepped. Then they have to find slots to deliver the vehicles

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
It's not because they are busy or any other lame excuse it's because they don't want you to have the car till the 14 day cooling off period is over.

If you drove it away and changed your mind it would no longer be a new car and they would loose a fortune.

Only buying direct from a seat dealer ommits this, you sign for it and drive away the same day.

Ryosaurus26

Oct 25, 2018
It's not because they are busy or any other lame excuse it's because they don't want you to have the car till the 14 day cooling off period is over.

If you drove it away and changed your mind it would no longer be a new car and they would loose a fortune.

Only buying direct from a seat dealer ommits this, you sign for it and drive away the same day.

My 14 day cooling off period ended ages ago

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
My 14 day cooling off period ended ages ago

The 14 days starts when the cars been registered by the dealer and you sign the documents with the cars details on it. If they registered it on the day it arrived the 22nd then the 14 days ends on the 8th march.

Ryosaurus26

Oct 25, 2018
The 14 days starts when the cars been registered by the dealer and you sign the documents with the cars details on it. If they registered it on the day it arrived the 22nd then the 14 days ends on the 8th march.

The registration is meaningless. The 14 day cooling off period starts when the signed finance documents are uploaded and processed by the finance company. In my case the cooling off period ended the back end of last year

Reactions: madhubbs

Mysteryblue

Feb 11, 2019
Same here, I signed my docs end of Jan and they stated that started the 14 day cooling off period.

Although now they won't respond to any communications about build dates etc. ...

Neil Francis

Jan 28, 2019
Cambridgeshire

Mine arrived Friday at the dealer with earlist date from 8th March. Hopefully taking delivery on the 11th. This is through gateway2lease

Neil Francis

Jan 28, 2019
Cambridgeshire
Surely if they register it, it would have 68 plate? I’ve been given my 19 plate reg which means it’s registered from March onwards? Given the option of 8th which would mean still in cooling off period?