Power delivery issue with 2 cylinder mode 2016 DGG 1.4

Feb 25, 2019
Hey everyone ,

I'm looking if anyone has had a similar issue to me and looking for advice. I have a 2016 Leon estate DSG 1.4 petrol. When driving the car at over 50 Miles per hour and the engine will switch off two cylinders (eco mode) which is expected and lightly accelerating the car will stay in eco mode this is when I notice the issue which I can only describe as a very mild power delivery issue ie not linear. The car seems to have a slight jerk or something similar which is very faint but noticeable. If I press the accelerator and eco mode turns off the issue is gone. Could anyone give any advice ?

Regards
Rister

fastnfat

Dec 4, 2010
Birmingham
Hey everyone ,

I'm looking if anyone has had a similar issue to me and looking for advice. I have a 2016 Leon estate DSG 1.4 petrol. When driving the car at over 50 Miles per hour and the engine will switch off two cylinders (eco mode) which is expected and lightly accelerating the car will stay in eco mode this is when I notice the issue which I can only describe as a very mild power delivery issue ie not linear. The car seems to have a slight jerk or something similar which is very faint but noticeable. If I press the accelerator and eco mode turns off the issue is gone. Could anyone give any advice ?

Regards
Rister
I’ve a 2016 1.4 FR DSG and can’t say I haver noticed anything like you describe. The only time I notice it changing from four to two and back again is when it comes up on the dash! It’s all very smooth and seamless.

Feb 25, 2019
I’ve a 2016 1.4 FR DSG and can’t say I haver noticed anything like you describe. The only time I notice it changing from four to two and back again is when it comes up on the dash! It’s all very smooth and seamless.
Thanks, guess its back to Seat for fault finding

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018
My 2018 1.4 FR is manual but I've had issues with the eco mode since day one; it's jerky, noisy and intrusive to what is otherwise an excellent drive.

My theory is it's down to individual built quality, if you get a good one then the extra engine vibration and clunky switching doesn't really notice - but if you've got a Friday car then prepare for rattles and shakes.

exmgman

Nov 30, 2009
I have a 1.8 2018 FR, does this have the Eco mode feature?
I run it permanently in Sport mode, does this disable Eco mode?

K12

Jan 25, 2016
Hey everyone ,

Regards
Rister

Is this only when the driving mode is in eco, and you have a DSG auto car?

In eco mode the car will coast in neutral, and then you get a delay before accelerating as the gearbox engages again.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.