Cupra 280 STOLEN

SitdownandhaveaCupratea

Oct 14, 2018
Sorry to hear this mate that is a terrible story. There are certainly (usually poorer) parts of the UK where owning a performance car comes with clear risks of theft and violence, especially if the car is parked in plain sight and not locked up in a garage at night.

Get a house alarm and some CCTV to give you some peace of mind and also a chance of identifying people if it ever happens again. Security door won't hurt either https://www.strongholdsecuritydoors.co.uk/

Good look recovering from this. :)

Reactions: kanyewest

xyz

Feb 28, 2004
oxford
Visit site
Terrible experience for you and your family and gutted that this has happened. If you do go the performance car route again, I’d be inclined to get an Autowatch Ghost fitted. Whilst they’re trying to get the car started, you’d be on the phone to the feds - maybe a personal attack alarm too - whilst they’re trying to start the car, set it off whilst holding it out the window. They’re more likely to do a runner than hang about - confusion will make them do one hopefully.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: LSCUPRA19

xyz

Feb 28, 2004
oxford
Visit site
This makes US gun laws start to make sense. What's going on in your country? Home invasion to steal a car? That's crazy.

Thankfully, we don’t have the irresponsible gun laws here that prevail in the USA - this is reflected in the low gun death and suicide rate. The arseholes probably would’ve shot the op first in case he had a gun.

Reactions: Damo H

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh
Shocking mate. One of my close friends went through the very same. The scroats kicked in the door whilst his family were asleep. They got the keys from the kitchen table and then bolted.

They have not long moved house because of the incident.

I'm so glad that you weren't hurt over the car, it just goes to show you that some people really don't care about things.

I do think an immobiliser system that can put the car into limp mode after a couple minutes would deter these f**kwits.

Take care

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Don't think anything we can say will make it better. My personal thought is, if you did decide to have another performance car. Leave the keys where they can be easily found, don't bother with an immobiliser, fit a tracker instead.

kevlar

Oct 23, 2018
Sadly these things happen i live in a quiet village which is low crime, but people play on that we had a few burglaries in the area years ago - its just easy prey for people sadly.

These people are just scum and at the end of the day what for? a few quid breaking it ? just low lifes who have no idea of the upset that remains for the victims.

At the end of the day let them have the car, it can be replaced - sadly no point fighting back, if you had a shotgun and shot them this would be turned around to your fault...just cant win.

Get another performance car dont let them completely ruin your life.

And for what its worth invest in some security cameras I have nest - it may help should the worst happen.

Redline

Nov 3, 2016
Sorry bro but it's just materialistic stuff so everything will be ok. I would never put up a fight for materialistic possessions that are insured.
Insurance will give you money for a new car.

This is the new Europe we live in now, get used to it. It will be like Brazil or Mexico in 10-20 years.
Criminals don't give a **** about laws so they have all the guns and weapons they want while EU is taking away weapons from regular lawful citizens or just shooting them, look at France and the yellow vests.

Enjoy **** while it lasts is my advice.

Gokiwi64

Geriatric Member
Apr 26, 2014
Hockley, Essex
Don't be put off owning another "sports" car just take additional precautions , yes they will cost money and that may be too greater cost but its all achievable. I am glad you wern't physically but there is mental injury (ptsd) applies here.
Your can get stronger doors , cctv, trackers etc etc.

Bottom line is, its not flesh and bone ......Glad you are okay

Yellow fr

Gone to new owner so seat less for now
Sep 6, 2018
Sandbeds West Yorkshire
Glad your ok
That also happened to a customer of or garage he lives in wilsden not that far away from you
Last year they tried to break into his house to take his rs4 that was 6 months old it was all on cctv it took them ages to get though the door as it was a top off the line with all the new security measures fitted they then moved onto the windows and same issue with toughen glass all in al it took them a hour to break in to get the keys his wife and baby was in the house and he was down London when it all happened
When he got the car back he took it straight back to Audi and got a q5 tdi 6 months later he’s back in a rs6 now
So don’t give up on them cars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Woodygo

LouG

Dec 1, 2017
Nelson, New Zealand
Thankfully, we don’t have the irresponsible gun laws here that prevail in the USA - this is reflected in the low gun death and suicide rate. The arseholes probably would’ve shot the op first in case he had a gun.

I agree that the US system is biased too far towards the loonie end of the spectrum.
We have a very low shooting death rate too, but we can still buy long guns quite easily with a licence. And pistols if you're a club member.
While we do have a low death rate, our cops shoot more people than yours do. They almost literally have a licence to kill here.
The problem with your system is the certainty for violent crims that they'll get away with it. You seem to have no deterrence.
And while it's sounds fine to say it's only a car, lives are more important. What if the next time it's a fried meth head wanting a piece of your wife or daughter? Or just wanting to kill someone?
Not to mention soaring insurance premiums .

Reactions: mty12345 and xyz

Bigivo1

May 21, 2016
Sorry to hear your bad news. My cupra 290 got pinched almost exactly 2 years ago. They broke in whilst we were sleeping and I didn't realise the car had gone until the morning.

I've upped the security around the house since, and now have a cupra 300 up the drive. Try not to let these mongrels put you off having something nice.

LSCUPRA19

Feb 10, 2019
So police found the car abandoned in bradford city centre. Car is on s**t rims and knackered. Safe to say i won't be getting it back nor do i want it back. I have purchased another vehicle which arrives Thursday. Very excited!! Thanks everybody for the kind comments, just proves there is more good than bad.

All the best to you all!

Liam :)

Hickery1995

Oct 23, 2018
So police found the car abandoned in bradford city centre. Car is on s**t rims and knackered. Safe to say i won't be getting it back nor do i want it back. I have purchased another vehicle which arrives Thursday. Very excited!! Thanks everybody for the kind comments, just proves there is more good than bad.

All the best to you all!

Liam :)
What car did you decide to go for this time?:)

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.