Leon st boot size practicality

Paul83

Nov 12, 2018
I have an 8 week old boy and I’m starting to see the amount of “stuff” that is required. Hopefully we will extend the family size in the future.

I drive a 7.5 GTD and it’s manageable at the moment but loading the boot requires planning. My wife drives a 2018 1.6 diesel Ibiza Fr, great car. We’re considering trading it in for a 2017-18 leon ST with cash to make daily trips easier.

I’ve admired the FR ST for many years and I think it’s one of the best loooking estates you can buy.

Just looking for peoples feedback on the boot. Will it meet most needs, this could potentially be our family car for many years. It’s 587 litres but what’s that’s in everyday terms?

Thanks,

Paul

Robinm

Oct 16, 2016
I have an 8 week old boy and I’m starting to see the amount of “stuff” that is required. Hopefully we will extend the family size in the future.

I drive a 7.5 GTD and it’s manageable at the moment but loading the boot requires planning. My wife drives a 2018 1.6 diesel Ibiza Fr, great car. We’re considering trading it in for a 2017-18 leon ST with cash to make daily trips easier.

I’ve admired the FR ST for many years and I think it’s one of the best loooking estates you can buy.

Just looking for peoples feedback on the boot. Will it meet most needs, this could potentially be our family car for many years. It’s 587 litres but what’s that’s in everyday terms?

Thanks,

Paul

I am on my second ST (Cupra 4wd) and the boot is large. On a few occasions we have had 5 people in the car with holiday luggage and managed to cram everything in. You will not have a problem with space!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speedbird

Aug 10, 2018
With front wheels removed, I've had 2 full suspension mountain bikes and a weeks worth of riding kit in the boot with the seats down.
I had a Ford kuga before, and the Leons boot is definitely bigger (longer).
It also has some nice little touches, like lever operated rear seat dropping, completely flat load area with the boot floor in the high position, seat belt holders to keep them out the way when you drop the seats etc.

wms_F1

Jul 10, 2018
I too found myself in a similar situation to yourself. I bought my Cupra 280 ST just before my daughter was born, as I previously had. Megane R26 which was 3 door and my wife has a Fiat 500.

The Leon ST has been perfect for all the ‘stuff’ that comes with a little one. When she was 3 months old we went to Centre Parcs and the ST swallowed all the luggage no problem.

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Brooster89

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
For a single child the ST will be fine. Try to find an ST with the luggage net option if you can (c.£170 when new), as this will afford greater flexibility, especially when packing for holidays.

If you have two kids, then perhaps look at a roof box or an Octavia VRS Estate/Superb Sportline Estate. We had two kids in pushchairs/prams simultaneously and we were so glad we had the Octavia (Mk2 and Mk3).

Feb 24, 2019
We just traded our ibiza for a Leon st and so far it's great the boot can easily take the pram and other baby stuff

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

Paul83

Nov 12, 2018
That’s great info, thanks guys. Exactly what I wanted to hear. Now for the fun part in seeing what we get for the Ibiza. Only 14kms on it so hopefully get a good price for it.

Some of you have some amazing cupra ST’s, alas, I’ll be going for a diesel ST.

I presume they are fairly reliable being part of the VAG? I’ve had 4 golfs and all have been brilliantly reliable.

Paul83

Nov 12, 2018
I pre
We just traded our ibiza for a Leon st and so far it's great the boot can easily take the pram and other baby stuff

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk
ume your Irish as well. What year Ibiza did you trade in? Did you have to put much cash with it?

eltawater

Full and wholesome member
May 1, 2008
I have a two and a five year old along with a 280ST. Day to day luggings around is more than enough space in the boot and a squeeze for weekends away.

For holidays we hire a roof box for 70 quid for 7 days which we only do once a year. It's more economical than buying your own as I'm likely to change cars in 5 years anyway.

Reactions: Paul83

S4BiT

Dec 8, 2018
Bought the ST Cupra for the boot size and it can manage a lot! Had the GTI previously and it was a tight fit every time, especially after the child was born.

Paul83

Nov 12, 2018
I have a two and a five year old along with a 280ST. Day to day luggings around is more than enough space in the boot and a squeeze for weekends away.

For holidays we hire a roof box for 70 quid for 7 days which we only do once a year. It's more economical than buying your own as I'm likely to change cars in 5 years anyway.

That’s greets to hear. It’s more day to day comfort. My parents live about 3 hours away so would probably visit 4-5 times per year. Attaching a roof rack and box (if needed) wouldn’t be too bad. It’s more as long as my wife can throw a buggy and shopping bags, etc in tomgether.

Thanks for the replies guys, very helpful

eltawater

Full and wholesome member
May 1, 2008
That’s greets to hear. It’s more day to day comfort. My parents live about 3 hours away so would probably visit 4-5 times per year. Attaching a roof rack and box (if needed) wouldn’t be too bad. It’s more as long as my wife can throw a buggy and shopping bags, etc in tomgether.

Thanks for the replies guys, very helpful
Absolutely not a problem then, mine swallows a kids bike, 40l cool box, pushchair and my camera lighting equipment

Owen83

Feb 9, 2018
I have an FR ST.. an 8 year old and a 10 year old.... and 2 dogs..... we managed to get all we needed in for a week long holiday for all 6 of us, without a roof box.... but it was tight. Now we have a third child on the way it might get interesting!

MatTheMerciless

Feb 16, 2019
I've got a 1.6TDI ST, 3 kids, and a big dog. There's loads of space in the boot. My wife can get a folded massage bed in there flat. As the boot liner can be put on two levels, we can throw our coats underneath and the dog on top. The 'parcel shelf' is a soft roll up thing too, so it's easy to store and pile more stuff in.

BarryFR184

Jan 7, 2019
Have an FR ST 184 and love it. Loads of room for the kids. Trips to Ikea are a doddle with the big boot too.

Spuddy01

Aug 30, 2018
Also traded up to an Leon fr st for a 2 year old & now 7 wk old and plenty of boot space for all essentials & added bonus of 2 year old liking dad's fr over mom's Leon bog standard st .

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.