Cupra R and wheel hop ?

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Wouldn't these inserts just give a knock on effect somewhere else ? Like more stress on linkage , drive shafts , bearings etc unless you polybushed everything ?
Potentially yes, but equally portentially no.

The drive shafts linkage etc, will be created to work with the engine being in the right place. As the engine mount starts to have more play in it, it will have a bigger impact on the other parts, moving them more. By having the better engine mounts you will likely reduce the wear and tear on other parts caused by a slowly deteriorating engine mount.

Deleted member 103408

I can only speak for the Revo mounts, Revo test cars are heavily tested in many difficult conditions (UK, South Africa and the US) to make sure this stuff works well and do not break down quickly (which is why I have always gone Revo personally).

They have a number of cars still running stage 3 with the full mount kit with over 50k on the clock so that should tell you something.

The only other thing I can suggest is come to the SCN Meet when its anounced as there will be a few cars there with a variety of setups so you can sit in the cars and feel for yourself. All I can say is I am very pleased I had them fitted. I also do a bit of Track work so I push these things hard and very happy with the way they work.

Tara

Jan 21, 2008
Bournemouth
I can only speak for the Revo mounts, Revo test cars are heavily tested in many difficult conditions (UK, South Africa and the US) to make sure this stuff works well and do not break down quickly (which is why I have always gone Revo personally).

They have a number of cars still running stage 3 with the full mount kit with over 50k on the clock so that should tell you something.

The only other thing I can suggest is come to the SCN Meet when its anounced as there will be a few cars there with a variety of setups so you can sit in the cars and feel for yourself. All I can say is I am very pleased I had them fitted. I also do a bit of Track work so I push these things hard and very happy with the way they work.

Ok and good advise, is the revo just the insert which is around £100? And when is the next meet if you know ? Thanks again .

Deleted member 103408

as @Xpo said but its included in the Full Engine Mount kit (which I think is well worth the money)

Re next meet I know @Jimbobcook is trying to get a meet together in the Midlands but still waiting for people to show interest, however its not been talked about where the next SCN meet (as against local) is going to be but it will be sometime in the summer

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Wouldn't these inserts just give a knock on effect somewhere else ? Like more stress on linkage , drive shafts , bearings etc unless you polybushed everything ?

Yes they could do. Nobody has had any issues as such yet.

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
@Tara - ProgressiveParts currently have a price match on their site so you could end up getting the part cheaper, if you're still after it that is! :)

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
I added before the dogbone insert on my Skoda Octavia VRS, which was a manual, and it made a big difference to wheel hop (got rid of it) and to the quality of shifting. Also, the steering response felt much sharper and there seemed to be less roll while cornering.
...as of last night, I added it also to the 4drive - not to get rid of wheel hop, but to have a positive impact on the other mentioned issues.
I -strongly- recommend this mod... the effects were dramatic in a positive way and the car feels much sharper to drive.
Yes, the only minus really is a little bit extra NVM, but supposedly it gets better after a while and, TBH, it is totally worth it - you only really feel it in reverse or when starting to move or in very low RPM.
It is easy to fit and easy to remove the insert, so if you don't like it, just undo it after.

Reactions: LouG

Tara

Jan 21, 2008
Bournemouth
Does anyone know which insert I need from the pic ?
20190302_075908.jpg

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.