Quick question for new car owners

expostmanpat

Jul 10, 2016
Picked up a new ibiza last friday and dealer is worse than useless so in the glove compartment there was only a handbook, should there have been anything else?

Service book?
Breakdown details?
Etc

That have been present with other new cars i have bought from VAG.

Also every new car i have bought the keys have come with a tag with a key number but none present and dealer says it isnt a key number but a car identifier with seat and they just chuck them?

Lors

Mar 6, 2019
Service book and box for memory card for sat nav

Hey mate,

I just picked mine up on Sunday and they don't come with anything now. Just the manual and case for the sd card for say nav.

No.servive book for mine.

I think its all just electronic now and if you search for the seat breakdown cover online it gives you a contact number and full terms. Its in conjunction with the AA i believe. Every new car has 2 years breakdown cover.

Ian

Reactions: expostmanpat

expostmanpat

Jul 10, 2016
Cheers got the sat nav box as well. At least then i know dealer isnt swinging lead, still wah na me ass though.

Reactions: Lors

Wen

Jan 7, 2019
Picked up a new ibiza last friday and dealer is worse than useless so in the glove compartment there was only a handbook, should there have been anything else?

Service book?
Breakdown details?
Etc

Also every new car i have bought the keys have come with a tag with a key number but none present and dealer says it isnt a key number but a car identifier with seat and they just chuck them?

43a7b88e9c62e48b61c660a1403cffdc.jpg

I got all this plus box with sat nav sd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alpineSi

Oct 6, 2018
Nottingham
I'm in Spain but I got a little wallet thing with the manual and shedloads of other little booklets inside like Wen. Included insurance and other things too as I have these with SEAT, and the SatNav SD card box. Keys also came with a plastic tag and a number on it. I'll try to get a photo of it all one day if it helps, but I don't drive every day so not in the car a lot.

Lors

Mar 6, 2019

Service book?
Breakdown details?
Etc

Just off phone to dealer asking if happy with car and service.

Asked about the service book and he said they've stopped doing them in last 2.months.

Everything is held electronically now. So guessing key info too.

Probably because of GDPR and the enviroment I'd hazzard a guess.

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
My Fabia didn't come with a service book either, back in 2016, so it's not a new thing!

expostmanpat

Jul 10, 2016
My Fabia didn't come with a service book either, back in 2016, so it's not a new thing!
Lol no the mx5 doesnt have one either but when i first asked dealer if there should be one or if it was electronic he started by saying he would order one.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members