Replace my hideous radio

Feb 4, 2019
I expect this has been asked umpteen times but searching the forum i cant seem to find a definitive answer.

My 2009 sport has a hideous inbuilt radio cd which look like it came out of the ark.

Id like to fit one of the double din units from a later model but not sure if its possible.

I know ill need to replace the fascia but are any of the units plug and play?

From what i understand some units wont power up without fiddling with the wiring which id rather not do.

Any help is gratefully received.

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
You can pick up an RNS-315 DAB unit for £250-£300 usually, the Fascia adaptor is about £20 and you might need a GPS antennae and DAB Ariel, usually £5-£10 each.

Plugs right in and works a treat, screen isn't massive but large enough.

Reactions: aztepol

fozzybear

middle aged speed freak
Feb 4, 2006
halifax,west yorks
i have this one from the link above

http://xtrons.co.uk/pb88unvp-androi...lay-custom-fit-for-volkswagen-seat-skoda.html

i didnt pay that for it mind

its alright its not as smooth at the standard radio i will say
but get one with buttons, had one with out and it was a pain
if not wanting android and just sat nav dvd cd xtron do a damn good 90 quid one that plugs straight into harness ,and a bonus ... it comes with a reversing camera,and its great for money...has canbus so works with steering controls without having to programme or rewire....had mine 2 months and loving it...even sat nav is as good as tom tom...gps ariel comes with too .all you need are 4 screws and clips & facia be careful with facia,s as there are 2 sizes one for 7" screen & 2 din ....i found out as got 7" but ordered 2 din...

Mar 4, 2019
Im looking to upgrade from the standard unit

Until seeing this I was looking at Pioneer 2 din head units. But now im interested in these with satnav. Is it google maps they use?
I have a pioneer sph-da110 in my 07 leon, fiddly to setup in terms of what i wanted it to do, but downloaded appradio unchained (had to pay for it) and car launcher pro app (again had to pay but a few quid) and does everything i want it to. Waiting to order a camera splitter/automatic switcher so i can have a reversing camera and a front camera eventually.

DannyallenFR

Feb 16, 2018
You will be to pick up an RNS315 unit for around £200 I'd stay OEM, I put 1 of these in my Leon 2010 fr to replace the old crap 1 it has built in Bluetooth module if you don't have hands free you can retrofit the Mic and bingo you have it now. I sold mine for £200 with the fascia GPS antenna, DAB antenna and Mic so you can get them at a good price. I had 2 android units in about 1 month both burned the canbus out.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.