Questions from a Leon Newbie!

Cheriton

Mar 3, 2019
Portsmouth
Hi folks...As the title says I'm new to this forum and new to a Leon so please excuse my ignorance.
I picked up my Leon on Saturday and have a couple of questions you guys can hopefully answer. I know I could probably find the answers by searching the forum but thought this would be quicker. My car is a late 2015 FR Technology Eco TSi with 7 speed DSG with 20,000 miles .
My first question is about the SatNav SD card. The card that came with the car is Version 1 which I believe to be outdated. I'm looking to buy a Seat SD card or simular from the net Version 5 or higher and the question is can I just unmount the original card and stick the new one in and it'll work? I believe I have a MIB2 head unit and these are the system info .
Device part number: 5QA035858
Hardware:H24
Software: 0241
Navigation database: 6P0919866
ECE 2015/16

The other question is about the DSG box. Am I correct in thinking this is a wet box and what sort of maintenance does it need...oil change or other things?

Thanks Guys.

nokiauk

Feb 9, 2003
Edinburgh
Maps need coded to the car but I believe there is a running thread on updating them. The 7 speed DSG is the dry model think it’s pretty much maintenance free as it’s a sealed unit

Hag

Sep 15, 2018
Most DSG boxes need a service at 40k. Enjoy the car and I’d be interested how you get on with your SD card hunt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.