Autowatch Ghost Installed

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
Just been to VAG Manchester to get the Autowatch Ghost Immobilizer installed. £399 supply and fit, same as everywhere else, but I got a £40 Progressive Parts voucher too...so decided to get some Racingline Lowering springs too :)

With all the car thefts going on, I was too paranoid about my car being taken, so after much research, many conversations, I decided on Ghost.

I'll report back with any findings, usability, problems etc.

motty225

Polestar 2
Sep 11, 2008
Ashby De-La Zouch
My only issue with it is most car thefts are from home breakins, they break in and get your keys after they've threatened you for them, car won't start, come back in and give you a kicking and threaten you're family again for you to deactivate it, I'd much rather the car just be gone, it can always be replaced, I leave my keys for my s4 in the hallway, it doesn't mean anything to me for me to cause them any issues in taking it they risk my family

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
Yeah I get that, and I'm pretty much of the same opinion. Most of the break ins I've read about have been unknown to the owner. And I have heard some positive stories where Ghost has made the moron thief give up and walk away. I have heard horror stories about people being threatened for keys etc too. I guess you'll never know who you'd come up against, but either way I want to make it easier for the authorities to catch them, even if that means delaying the thief by 30 seconds whilst they realise the car wont start. There's no indication that the car has Ghost installed, errors just flood the dash. It starts, then cuts out unless the correct code is entered.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
My only issue with it is most car thefts are from home breakins, they break in and get your keys after they've threatened you for them, car won't start, come back in and give you a kicking and threaten you're family again for you to deactivate it, I'd much rather the car just be gone, it can always be replaced, I leave my keys for my s4 in the hallway, it doesn't mean anything to me for me to cause them any issues in taking it they risk my family
You make a good point.

But a friend of mine Ian stopped his 440i from going walk about thanks to ghost. However his wife’s disappeared. Both were keyless entry BMWs

Deleted member 103408

Just as an aside does it help with the insurance premiums i wonder.

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
Well it doesnt for SEAT Insurance haha. Apparently stuff to make your car securer/safer (Dash Cam, Tracker, Immobiliser, Alarm) is at your own cost with no affect on premium.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Well it doesnt for SEAT Insurance haha. Apparently stuff to make your car securer/safer (Dash Cam, Tracker, Immobiliser, Alarm) is at your own cost with no affect on premium.

This! They just made a note on my file! Whilst upping my premium £30 for updated engine and gearbox mounts. I protested it should be the other way round. But they couldn't see it.

Reactions: paddy6789

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
This! They just made a note on my file! Whilst upping my premium £30 for updated engine and gearbox mounts. I protested it should be the other way round. But they couldn't see it.
I always wonder why they have a 'Tracker fitted' tick box on the forms?!

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I always wonder why they have a 'Tracker fitted' tick box on the forms?!

Probably so they can increase the premium as there's a chance of finding and repairing instead of writing off and forgetting.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I'm just waiting for the day I see an advert of 'Have you been paying too much for car insurance? Call us now to find out and get your compensation!'

I'd be all over that! Not to derail, but I have Revos SPS security. It's a pain having to activate and deactivate manually. I wish they'd come up with a better device especially as it's already in the software. I considered ghost. But effectively I already have something similar.

Reactions: paddy6789

Leeoncupra

Feb 12, 2017
Halesowen
Im getting the clifford with blackjax

Same as the ghost execpt they can start tbe car and drive it off if the code isnt put in within 30seconds the car cuts out and blares the alarm allowing you to track the noise down and get your car back

leon mk1 cupra

Reactions: Hickery1995

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Im getting the clifford with blackjax

Same as the ghost execpt they can start tbe car and drive it off if the code isnt put in within 30seconds the car cuts out and blares the alarm allowing you to track the noise down and get your car back

My brother had that on his car. Changed the code without telling me. And rolled to a stop around the corner and wouldn't restart. Had to push it back home.

niallain

Apr 9, 2017
Cardiff

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
I often wonder if I should get ghost system. Always hearing of cars being taken round my way but most seem to be high end so hopefully the scrotes pass by 'tdi looking' family wagon cupra. There's a neighbour with an m4 so expect that to go first unless he has ghost immobiliser installed?? Read many reviews of autowatch ghost system and by all accounts it a great system.

I also contemplated cctv but all this does is confirm what time the scrotes arrived and left, and doesn't appear to act as any sort of deterrent to the professional criminal. Youtube is full of home cctv systems capturing cars being nicked from drives by scrotes with hoods up.

bigup

Mar 25, 2019
Manchester
Can you get Ghost to act like blackjax whereby the car can be driven away and it will cut out if no code is entered?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.