Rev,s rise

andyrich

Ateca 1.5 FR Sport 150
Mar 10, 2015
Just swapped from a FR 1.4act 150 to a FR Sport 1.5 130. When I put it in 1st gear and lift the clutch a little I get a rise in the revs without touching the throttle pedal. My old car never did it so I was wondering if this one should do it, has anyone else had the same or is it normal.

onkkel

Jul 12, 2018
Finland
I had the same behavior in my old 1.2TSI Skoda Fabia manual. My impression was that it's programmed in the ECU to prevent stalling when taking off. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but based on my experience I'd say it's normal behavior.

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018
It's normal, you get used to it and, once you're used to it, it helps to smooth the pull away as I find the clutch very grabby - if you gently let the clutch out the car keeps the revs stable and the car eases away.

However, one time out of two or three hundred it will decide not to raise the revs and the car stalls. I've still not worked out what's different, but seems to be more common when it's raining???

chrisRibiza

Sep 27, 2007
Completely normal. Prevents you stalling and if you do stall, just press the clutch and It will start again

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.