Strange Bluetooth

Jabtas

Aug 28, 2017
Just changed our 60 plate Mk2 to a 65 plate Mk3, and to be honest I never even looked at anything else than a Leon for the change

New car is great, everything works perfectly apart from a minor but very annoying problem with streaming via Bluetooth

While it works great with good sound quality, it constantly displays the previous track played rather than the one currently playing
This is from Spotify, streaming from my Huewei P20 Pro
My wife's Samsung works correctly (we both running the same and latest version of Android) and both the kids iPhones work correctly

I would lay the blame at my phone, but it works as it should with other Bluetooth devices, including our other car, a 64 Plate Citroen

Anyone got similar, and maybe found a solution ?

Shaady

Jan 25, 2017
Not sure how helpful this is but there are issues with Huewei phones and their bluetooth connections on a whole host of devices.

My dad had a fitbit and there is a specific note on the website saying that they don't officially support phones from Huewei as there is syncing issues with them so they must be doing something different to the standard Bluetooth protocols.

If you can maybe try using a cable and see if that makes a difference?

Jabtas

Aug 28, 2017
Yeah, cable was going to be my next attempt

Like I said, my initial idea was down to the phone, but it does work correctly with a bunch of other things, so I was even more confused at that

Brooster89

Oct 13, 2018
I find the Bluetooth sound quality is poor (compared to cable/CD/radio but I think that might be down to my phone.

UnrepentantN00b

Nov 4, 2015
I had the exact same on my previous OnePlus X and 5t phones with my previous 65plate leon, one day it just started happening. Google showed it was a common issue between phones and Bluetooth devices, you can try changing the Bluetooth protocol version on your car and phone and try find a combo that worked I kept thinking I'd sorted it before it went wrong again is very frustrating...

Reactions: Jabtas

Jabtas

Aug 28, 2017
Even more frustrating when I discovered that everything works as it should with the other car and streaming devices

If it did it on everything, I would just write it off to the phone, but it's got me scratching my head

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise